[net.sf-lovers] Nosy Question #1.

gjerawlins@watdaisy.UUCP (Gregory J.E. Rawlins) (10/25/85)

In article <1311@mtgzz.UUCP> ecl@mtgzz.UUCP (e.c.leeper) writes:
>[.....]
>And Sharon Green (another DAW author) writes novels similar to John Norman (her
>books are blurbed as "If you liked John Norman, you'll love Sharon Green!"
>					Evelyn C. Leeper
>					...ihnp4!mtgzz!ecl

    Ever since i finished the SF Poll the associated Bibliography
has been growing (now up to 310K) and i've been accumulating a
fund of Nosy Questions that, hopefully, knowledgeable netters can
help me with; the above quote sparked the first. It was bruited
about that "Sharon Green" is really a pseudonym for "John Norman"
(which is of course a pseudonym for John F. Lange, Jr.). Anyone
know if this is true or not? (one of my sources told me that
Tiptree was only "uncovered" after some fans lurked at her
post office drop and waited to see who would come pick up the mail.)
BTW, if you think it unlikely that an author would write through
two layers of pseudonyms, Kenneth Bulmer as "Alan Burt Akers"
is writing as "Dray Prescott".
    I have literally _dozens_ of such questions so i'll try to
minimize net congestion by only asking a few at a time....
    On another note, i'd like to take this opportunity to publically
thank Andrew Sigel <sigel@umass-cs.csnet> (thanks for the lists!),
Dave Tanguay <watmath!watdaisy!datanguay>, Don McKillican
<utzoo!hcr!hcrvx1!don>, Bill Stoll <ulysses!ukma!wws> and John Wenn
<ucbvax!gandalf.cs.cmu.edu!John.Wenn> - these apparently are the only
people who found my Bibliography posting of merit and actually "put
something back". Thank you very much folks.
	greg.
---
Here is the List entry for Norman, could some kind soul supply
his vital statistics and the missing publication dates? Also
comments on my classifications of his works  and any
classifications of you own are welcome. (what's "Ghost Dance" about?)
----
Norman, John [nee [Professor] John F. Lange, Jr. Ph.D.]
	Time Slave [1975] [fantasy, time travel, subjugation of women]
	Ghost Dance
	Imaginative Sex [sf sex manual for people into bondage]
	The Chronicles of Counter-Earth: [Burroughsian sword and sorcery, sadism, bondage, fetishism, demeaning to women]
		Tarnsman of Gor [1966]
		Outlaw of Gor [1967]
		Priest-Kings of Gor [1968]
		Nomads of Gor [1969]
		Assassin of Gor [1970]
		Raiders of Gor [1971]
		Captive of Gor [1972]
		Hunters of Gor [1974]
		Marauders of Gor [1975]
		Tribesmen of Gor [1976]
		Slave Girl of Gor [1977]
		Beasts of Gor [1978]
		Explorers of Gor
		Fighting Slave of Gor [Jason Marshall I]
		Rogue of Gor [Jason Marshall II]
		Guardsman of Gor [Jason Marshall III]
		Savages of Gor
		Blood Brothers of Gor