[net.micro.amiga] Cheep 2 MEG for your Amiga!

joseph@garfield.UUCP (06/12/86)

NEWS FLASH
----------

This news flash is out of News BRK (The Transactor, Page 76
Sept. 1986: Volume 7, Issue 02)

        Amiga RAM Expansion by Comspec
        ------------------------------

      AX1000 Amiga 1 MEG RAM Box $729.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
                                 $1035.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn
      AX2000 Amiga 2 MEG RAM Box $899.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
                                 $1276.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn

      The AX2000 adds 2 Megabytes of "FAST" RAM to the Amiga, allowing more tasks
 AX2000 will go into the
 to run in the system at once, or for a fast RAM-Drive. The
      the expansion connector on the side of the Amiga and duplicates the connector
      for other devices to plug into. Up to two RAM Boards can be pluged in to add 4 MEG of memory (limited by the Amiga's power supply.)
      The box has "AUTO-CONFIG", so with Kickstart 1.2 the RAM will automatically be added to the system.
      With Kickstart 1.0 and 1.1 you can use the program included with your AX2000 to add the memory.  (You can use this program with your startup-sequence to automatically add the memory.
      )

They will go on to say that they have set the AX2000 and AX1000 so that it will work with any new Kickstarts that may come
   out. The Box is the same color as the Amiga
   and fits to the side to make it look like it was part of the computer.
   They also say that Transactor liked it so much that they are selling it.
   The address to send for more info on this fine RAM board
   that we all have been waiting for is:

          Comspec Communications INC.
          153 Bridgeland Avenue
          Toronto, Ont.
          M6A 2Y6   (416)-787-0617

     Best of luck with your new found memory.
         Joseph Dawson

Rember I need a way to make my modem
answer the pone and check for carrier.

joseph@garfield.UUCP

  Joseph@garfield.UUCP

louie@umd5.UUCP (Louis Mamakos) (06/20/86)

In article <1302@garfield.UUCP> joseph@garfield.UUCP (Joseph Dawson) writes:

>        Amiga RAM Expansion by Comspec
>        ------------------------------
>

>      AX1000 Amiga 1 MEG RAM Box $729.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
>                                 $1035.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn
>      AX2000 Amiga 2 MEG RAM Box $899.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
>                                 $1276.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn

Does anyone else think that $100 for shipping and handling is expensive?
Even the $25 for domestic shipping is on the upper edge of what I'd be
willing to pay, but $100 ?
--
Louis A. Mamakos WA3YMH   University of Maryland, Computer Science Center
 Internet: louie@trantor.umd.edu

higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (06/23/86)

In article <1040@umd5.UUCP> louie@umd5.UUCP (Louis Mamakos) writes:
>In article <1302@garfield.UUCP> joseph@garfield.UUCP (Joseph Dawson) writes:
>>      AX1000 Amiga 1 MEG RAM Box $729.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
>>                                 $1035.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn
>>      AX2000 Amiga 2 MEG RAM Box $899.00(+$100 S&H) U.S.
>>                                 $1276.00(+$25 S&H) Cdn
>>
>Does anyone else think that $100 for shipping and handling is expensive?
>Even the $25 for domestic shipping is on the upper edge of what I'd be
>willing to pay, but $100 ?
>--
>Louis A. Mamakos WA3YMH   University of Maryland, Computer Science Center
> Internet: louie@trantor.umd.edu
> UUCP: {seismo!umcp-cs, ihnp4!rlgvax}!cvl!umd5!louie

<...>
Yes, I think $100 is ridiculous.  Especially when Cardco's 1Meg ram with
Auto-config also, is $595, and will be sold through dealers.

	Paul Higginbottom
Disclaimer: I do not work for Commodore and opinions expressed are my own.

bees@infoswx.UUCP (06/26/86)

>Does anyone else think that $100 for shipping and handling is expensive?
>Even the $25 for domestic shipping is on the upper edge of what I'd be
>willing to pay, but $100 ?
>--
>Louis A. Mamakos WA3YMH   University of Maryland, Computer Science Center

I agree... reminds me of the inflated destination and handling charges
you have to pay to an auto dealer.

Ray Davis

hr@uicsl.UUCP (06/27/86)

RE:
>Does anyone else think that $100 for shipping and handling is expensive?
(from Canada to US)

I think the editor of the Dtack Grounded Newsletter, now the Dtack Grounded
junkmail flyer, says he won't ship his company's products to Canada.
He claims that the bureaucratic red tape just doesn't make it worthwhile.
Presumably, going the reverse direction is also a pain.
----

	harold ravlin		{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uicsl!hr