[net.micro.amiga] 1.2 Manx fix

gary@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) (06/28/86)

<>

When I found that Manx C wouldn't run on 1.2 I gave them a call.  They gave
me a fix over the phone that I haven't yet had a chance to try but here it
is anyway...  Please post if you are successful...

main()
{
	int fd;

	fd = open("c:cc",2);
	lseek(fd,0xD51FL,0);
	write(fd,"\XA8",1);
	close(fd);
}

This fixes CC.  To fix MAKE:
	open make
	change byte 0x1D37L to \XA8
	change byte 0x2063L to \XA8

Now, that's support!  To give me a patch over the phone!
PLEASE post if you find this successful... I'll probably try soon but am too
wrapped up in development to worry about switching to 1.2 right away...

	Gary

mykes@3comvax.UUCP (Mike Schwartz) (07/01/86)

>Now, that's support!  To give me a patch over the phone!
>PLEASE post if you find this successful... I'll probably try soon but am too
>wrapped up in development to worry about switching to 1.2 right away...
>
>	Gary

I called and got the patch a while ago, and it does indeed work very well.
However, I like to use their debugger DB, and it does not work at all under
1.2.  Anybody know if there is a fix for this (I have my doubts...)?  Also,
has anyone heard about the next release of Manx?  I hear it has much more
math support, to say the least, and hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed
(I've found maybe a dozen so far).

kim@mips.UUCP (07/03/86)

>                                                                       Also,
> has anyone heard about the next release of Manx?  I hear it has much more
> math support, to say the least, and hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed
> (I've found maybe a dozen so far).

At last month's BADGE meeting, Jim Goodnow <sp?> from Manx stated that the
next release was due to go out the following Monday (that would've been
06/23/86, I believe).

He also said it had support for FOUR floating-point implementations;  as I
recall, they are:

	1 - Moto FFP
	2 - IEEE (s/w implementation?)
	4 - Amiga FP (?)

As you can see, I'm somewhat fuzzy on the details, and may have some of
the above wrong ... the 68881 support is what I was waiting to hear about.
Point is, there *is* a new release of Manx out, and it is supposed to be
out now.

Dunno about "bug fixes" ... Jim didn't say.

/kim
--

UUCP:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!kim
DDD:   408-720-1700 x231

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) (07/09/86)

In article <564@3comvax.UUCP>, mykes@3comvax.UUCP (Mike Schwartz) writes:
> I called and got the patch a while ago, and it does indeed work very well.
> However, I like to use their debugger DB, and it does not work at all under
> 1.2.  Anybody know if there is a fix for this (I have my doubts...)?  Also,
> has anyone heard about the next release of Manx?  I hear it has much more
> math support, to say the least, and hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed
> (I've found maybe a dozen so far).

Strange .... I tried it and poof! Nothing. CC still died at the as point
and make still failed.  Guess I'll try again! Hmmm... Is everyone else
using 3.20a dtd. 2/27/86?   Guess I should call 'em. After all, I payed for
it!

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company