[net.micro.amiga] Amiga, Are you already aware of these bugs?

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (07/16/86)

I know I can't go to the net EVERY time I find a bug, and I won't.  However
these are pretty visible or obvious so I thought I'd save a postage stamp
or two....

I just wanted to know if the good folks at CBM-Amiga (this should not be
read as sarcastic, I don't mean it to be), already know of the following
before sending in the bug sheets.

(All apply to 1.2 Beta 4) (Even Beta than Before.... Great guys...hehe)

Font editor gadgets are a jumbled mess, if they show up at all.  Yes, I'm
using 1.2B4 Kickstart.  I want my toggle switches! (sniff) 8-)  I really
didn't see anything (That I can remember) in Jim's release notes that
looked like it would break Image gadgets.  Jim, any ideas.  Is this a "yes,
we know.. we know" bug?  By the way Jim, you been doing a great job with
Intuition.. Keep it up.

Preferences - When entering a 3 digit number to any of the string gadgets
(I assume they're LONGINT types), and pressing return will cause the
background to be left unrefreshed at the cursor location (Nice square
hole).  Is this related to the cursor bug mentioned in the release notes?
I thought it said something about ED's cursor, not string gadgets.  I
always set my printer margins to 1 and 132.  That's how I happen to run
into this.

AnsiEcho, which is NOT included in ANY release (so I don't expect CBM-Amiga
to worry about it), is also having troubles.  It's leaving a DetailPen
colored block at the end of each line.  I use it in my startup-sequence.  I
just thought I'd mention it, in case you are curious and want to
investigate it.

------ End of glitches ---

--- Comments ---
Release Notes -- What an improvment!! Nice job. I actually was able to
print them immediately without spending hours editing them first!!  Whom
ever is responsible, I thank you.  It's appreciated.

Auto-Docs -- They were always in pretty good shape anyways and still are.
Minor point.. If someone gets the time,  could you put acouple of form
feeds in the longer function descriptions to break them on to pages?

Nice job with stripc.  Thanks Andy (I think it was Andy in the signon
message, I don't have it in front of me), or whom ever.

Oh yes, unlike beta 2, my disks arrived with no errors on them.  Again I
thank you, and my drives thank you.

I patched Manx's cc and make, added 50 buffers to each drive, added a path
here and there,  slapped on an Allegra 512k board (no expansion pass
through, I knew that though when I got it),  updated away, and got one
whale of a development environment!

So far, so good.

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

andy@amiga.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (07/17/86)

In article <495@elmgate.UUCP> jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) writes:
>Font editor gadgets are a jumbled mess, if they show up at all.  Yes, I'm
>using 1.2B4 Kickstart.  I want my toggle switches! (sniff) 8-)

The problem is that the font editor forgot to allocate CHIP memory
for its gadgets.  Extended memory is what kills it.  I'll be fixing
it RSN.

>Preferences - When entering a 3 digit number to any of the string gadgets
>(I assume they're LONGINT types), and pressing return will cause the
>background to be left unrefreshed at the cursor location (Nice square
>hole).  Is this related to the cursor bug mentioned in the release notes?
>I thought it said something about ED's cursor, not string gadgets.  I
>always set my printer margins to 1 and 132.  That's how I happen to run
>into this.

Yes, its related, and fixed now.

									andy
--

			andy finkel
			Commodore(Amiga)

"Remember, no matter where you grow, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonsai.