[net.micro.amiga] New Version of Lattice

hsgj@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Dan Green) (07/24/86)

In article <124@sas.UUCP> toebes@sas.UUCP (John Toebes) writes:
>I typed in and ran the input.device example using Lattice 3.04 and encountered
>similar problems whenever I did not disable stack checking. [...]
>John A. Toebes, VIII       usenet:..mcnc!rti-sel!sas!toebes
>USnail: 235 Trillingham Ln, Cary NC 27511   BBS:(919)471-6436

Whoa!  When did the new version of Lattice (3.04) come out?  I have Lattice
v3.03 and my employer sent in the registration cards just as Lattice
requested, yet we have heard nothing of a new version of the compiler.  Also,
someone in this newsgroup previously mentioned something about a version of
Make for the Lattice compiler.  Is Lattice supposed to be sending out updates,
or order forms for updates, for the new compiler version and for make?  Did
I fall out of my treehouse and is this all a bad dream?  If anyone has any
information on updates or requests for updates from Lattice, please let me
know.  Thanks,
-- Dan Green
--
ARPA:  hsgj%vax2.ccs.cornell.edu@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu
UUCP:  ihnp4!cornell!batcomputer!hsgj   BITNET:  hsgj@cornella

toebes@sas.UUCP (John Toebes) (07/25/86)

In article <702@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU>, hsgj@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Dan Green) writes:
> Whoa!  When did the new version of Lattice (3.04) come out?  [...]  Also,
> someone in this newsgroup previously mentioned something about a version of
> Make for the Lattice compiler.  Is Lattice supposed to be sending out updates,
> or order forms for updates, for the new compiler version and for make?
> -- Dan Green
The 3.04 version of Lattice I am using is a BETA release.  I have been beta
testing for some time and there are still things to be worked out.  As for the
MAKE program, it is one that I and Jack Rouse have collaberated on.  It takes
advantage of several things in Lattice and in AmigaDOS, allowing us to get it
down to about 13K now while still retaining fairly full compatibility with
UN*X make as well as some spiffy enhancements that Jack has made to the command
line processing.  It is available from the Software Distillery BBS
(919)-471-6436.