[net.micro.amiga] Pointer movement and MoveScreen

rokicki@navajo.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) (07/28/86)

[   O frabjous day!  Callooh!  Callay!   ]

I have implemented my own screen drag gadget on a custom screen with a
borderless backdrop window by using MoveScreen().  Unfortunately, there
appears to be a bug in MoveScreen(); it doesn't seem to readjust the bounds
for pointer movement.  In otherwords, if I do the following actions:

   - Move my custom screen down with MoveScreen()
   - Move the workbench down below the custom screen with its drag gadget
   - Move my custom screen below the workbench screen with MoveScreen()

Now the pointer goes off screen!  (That is, it will go above the workbench
screen and disappear.)  In addition, if I try to drag my screen, the
pointer will go no higher than the height of my custom screen after the
first move operation.

Anyone have any hints or know what's going on here?  This is under 1.1
and 1.2 Beta II.

-tom

jimm@amiga.UUCP (James D. Mackraz) (07/31/86)

In article <757@navajo.STANFORD.EDU> rokicki@navajo.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) writes:
>[   O frabjous day!  Callooh!  Callay!   ]
>
>I have implemented my own screen drag gadget on a custom screen with a
>borderless backdrop window by using MoveScreen().  Unfortunately, there
>appears to be a bug in MoveScreen(); it doesn't seem to readjust the bounds
>for pointer movement.  In otherwords, if I do the following actions:
>
>   - Move my custom screen down with MoveScreen()
>   - Move the workbench down below the custom screen with its drag gadget
>   - Move my custom screen below the workbench screen with MoveScreen()
>
>Now the pointer goes off screen!  (That is, it will go above the workbench
>screen and disappear.)  In addition, if I try to drag my screen, the
>pointer will go no higher than the height of my custom screen after the
>first move operation.
>
>Anyone have any hints or know what's going on here?  This is under 1.1
>and 1.2 Beta II.
>
>-tom

Perhaps you will need to feed mousemovement messages (through the
input.device) to work around the problems you are having.

It is true that the mouse limits maintained by Intuition are not
public, and not easily controlled (if at all) by user programs.

Good lucks.   I would enjoy seeing your program after you get it
working.  If I get a chance to try to do this myself, I'll post
an example.

				jimm