[net.micro.amiga] Copy protect methods ...

cjp@vax135.UUCP (Charles Poirier) (08/05/86)

In article <585@3comvax.UUCP> mykes@3comvax.UUCP (Mike Schwartz) writes:
>This is the beginning of REAL power in micros.  Why cold start your
>computer just to play a game?  Why use floppies if you have hundreds of
>megabytes of hard disk on line (the Amiga is the machine to handle it)?
>Why even terminate the program if you have enough RAM to run everything
>all the time?

Ideally, yes.  But note that the most impressive programs are the ones
that will need ALL of the machine's memory cycles and CPU (and copper)
power.  Also note, there ain't no such thing as enough RAM.  Sometimes
one HAS to terminate programs to make room.  Programs which can't be
gracefully terminated are Evil.

Hundreds of megabytes of hard disk -- YES!  Quit teasing me with these
piddly little 20MB jobs.  I'd be doing the floppy shuffle again in a
week with one of those.