[net.micro.amiga] Gadgets

ecue@ecsvax.UUCP (Eduardo Cue) (08/06/86)

Has anyone used RemoveGadget() (or RemoveGList in V1.2) and gotten
the correct return value (position of the gadget in the gadget list) ?
I have a requester with 8 gadgets that I am trying to MutualExclude.
It always returns a -1 (gadget not in list) the first time it loops
through. If I just stick it back on (AddGadget() and RefreshGadget())
then I lose the other seven gadgets as it is put in at the tail of
the list (using -1 as position). After that it does return the right
position from RemoveGadget() (position=3 after my system gadgets).I
checked speechtoy from Commodore and that also returns -1 which is
incorrect. Speechtoy's RemoveGadget() is very simple to check as it
has only 2 gadgets and is not in a requester. Am I misunderstanding
something? I have tried under V1.1 and V1.2. I need to get it working
under V1.2.
                                      Eddy Cue

jimm@amiga.UUCP (James D. Mackraz) (08/07/86)

In article <1886@ecsvax.UUCP> ecue@ecsvax.UUCP (Eduardo Cue) writes:

>Has anyone used RemoveGadget() (or RemoveGList in V1.2) and gotten
>the correct return value (position of the gadget in the gadget list) ?
>I have a requester with 8 gadgets that I am trying to MutualExclude.
>It always returns a -1 (gadget not in list) the first time it loops
>through. If I just stick it back on (AddGadget() and RefreshGadget())
>then I lose the other seven gadgets as it is put in at the tail of
>the list (using -1 as position). After that it does return the right
>position from RemoveGadget() (position=3 after my system gadgets).I
>checked speechtoy from Commodore and that also returns -1 which is
>incorrect. Speechtoy's RemoveGadget() is very simple to check as it
>has only 2 gadgets and is not in a requester. Am I misunderstanding
>something? I have tried under V1.1 and V1.2. I need to get it working
>under V1.2.
>                                      Eddy Cue

This is proof: Simple Downcoding Can Introduce Bugs.
This got fixed in later versions (sort of in the nick of time).  It
produced the most exciting phenomena in graphicraft.  Thanks to RJ for
reporting this one, and thank you, too, Eddy.

		jimm	Amiga/Commodore

danny@convex.UUCP (08/08/86)

[ eat this ]

I think your problem is that you can't mutual exclude gadgets.  This, according
to all sorts of books, has not yet been implemented.  Now, I don't have 1.2 yet
so I might be wrong but you are just going to have to do without.

Hope this helps!

Dan Wallach
...!ihnp4!convex!danny