[net.micro.amiga] New Manx release?????

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) (08/08/86)

In a recent article John Draper mentions Aztec release 3.30 for the Amiga.
Having paided the extra 200 dollars for the commercial version, I was
rather shocked to hear of this new release on USENET.  I have not received
anything from Manx.  Was John speaking of a beta release?  Should I call
and bug Manx.  I hate calling and sounding foolish if it is not an official
release yet.  Does anyone know the real scoop?  Why would Manx release the
upgrade now with 1.2 still in beta testing?  Seems to me it would be wiser
to wait until 1.2's final release, so as to fully conform.

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

higgin@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) (08/10/86)

In article <505@elmgate.UUCP> jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) writes:
>In a recent article John Draper mentions Aztec release 3.30 for the Amiga.
>Having paided the extra 200 dollars for the commercial version, I was
>rather shocked to hear of this new release on USENET.  I have not received
>anything from Manx.  Was John speaking of a beta release?  Should I call
>and bug Manx.  I hate calling and sounding foolish if it is not an official
>release yet.  Does anyone know the real scoop?  Why would Manx release the
>upgrade now with 1.2 still in beta testing?  Seems to me it would be wiser
>to wait until 1.2's final release, so as to fully conform.

Yes, Jeff, 3.30 is in Beta release, so don't worry, you haven't missed
anything.  Manx says it won't be released until 'the fall' whatever that
means - but it will be worth waiting for, I assure you, so hang in there.

	Paul.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Commodore, am not associated with Manx in any
way, and my opinions are my own.

hamilton@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU (08/13/86)

>In a recent article John Draper mentions Aztec release 3.30 for the Amiga.
>Having paided the extra 200 dollars for the commercial version, I was
>rather shocked to hear of this new release on USENET.  I have not received
>anything from Manx.  Was John speaking of a beta release?  Should I call
>and bug Manx.  I hate calling and sounding foolish if it is not an official
>release yet.  Does anyone know the real scoop?  Why would Manx release the
>upgrade now with 1.2 still in beta testing?  Seems to me it would be wiser
>to wait until 1.2's final release, so as to fully conform.

yes, it was a beta.  my understanding is that manx is holding back
on the new release for precisely the reason you cite.

	wayne hamilton
	U of Il and US Army Corps of Engineers CERL
UUCP:	{ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!hamilton
ARPA:	hamilton%uiucuxc@a.cs.uiuc.edu	USMail:	Box 476, Urbana, IL 61801
CSNET:	hamilton%uiucuxc@uiuc.csnet	Phone:	(217)333-8703
CIS:    [73047,544]			PLink: w hamilton