[net.micro.amiga] Mouse supported MicroEmacs

danny@convex.UUCP (08/13/86)

[ Your favorite anti-lineater clause here ]

Well, with all this stuff about MicroEmacs here, what happened to the moused up
version that RJ Mical (are you there RJ?) souped up with menus and other
Amiga-like stuff?  I saw it once and it was very impressive from a glimpse.
It even had stuff like for one item: "Quit     ^X^C" or something like that.
Impressive.  Somebody post it.  If no source is available, we can always go
the route of the Macintosh folks (ugh) by, for instance, ARCing the file(s),
then using the handy 'atob' and 'btoa' found on Fred Fish Disk #6 (presumably
written just for the Amiga but the documentation said Unix System V).  It also
has Compress, a Lempel-Zev compressor also with SysV documentation.

How 'bout it guys?

Dan Wallach
...!ihnp4!convex!danny

Opinions?  What opinions!  What's an opinion?

mwm@eris.berkeley.edu (08/15/86)

In article <93500021@convex> danny@convex.UUCP writes:

>[ Your favorite anti-lineater clause here ]
>
>Well, with all this stuff about MicroEmacs here, what happened to the moused up
>version that RJ Mical (are you there RJ?) souped up with menus and other
>Amiga-like stuff?

I don't know about RJ Mical's version, but Mic Kaczmarczik has a
version out. The next one (uemacs v31, maybe) will have full Amiga
keyboard support, plus my mouse support code (as improved by Mic),
plus a #define to turn the menu into a browser, plus stuff that he
keeps adding....

One of these days he's going to slow down long enough for me to get
my hacks put into a current version!

	<mike