[net.micro.amiga] Need Intuition Help

mikef@unirot.UUCP (mike fritze) (08/16/86)

    I have an application in which I would like to program a resizable
 box on an Amiga window which can be positioned and resized by the
 mouse to select a screen area of interest.  I already know how to
 use the mouse in a C program via IDCMP but I do not know how to
 generate the box.  If I use a sprite, I am limited to a width of 16
  pixels.  How can I generate such a box that does not interfere with
 the graphic image in the window it is used.  Any help would be greatly
  appreciated.  Thanx.

higgin@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) (08/17/86)

In article <1012@unirot.UUCP> mikef@unirot.UUCP (mike fritze) writes:

>    I have an application in which I would like to program a resizable
> box on an Amiga window which can be positioned and resized by the
> mouse to select a screen area of interest.  I already know how to
> use the mouse in a C program via IDCMP but I do not know how to
> generate the box.  If I use a sprite, I am limited to a width of 16
>  pixels.  How can I generate such a box that does not interfere with
> the graphic image in the window it is used.  Any help would be greatly
>  appreciated.  Thanx.

Draw a line around the area of interest in COMPLEMENT mode.  To put
the picture back the way it was, you simply draw it again; an
"information preserving" transformation!

To accomplish this, you'll need SetDrMd(), Draw(), and possibly
SetAPen().  See RKM vol 1 for details.

	Hope this helps,
		Paul.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Commodore and my opinions are my own.