[net.micro.amiga] HELP!

d@alice.UucP (Daniel Rosenberg) (08/30/86)

[ Second time around ]

I bought myself an Epson LQ-800 printer (which, by the way, is quite
a nice device.)

I bought a cable (sold to me as an Amiga cable) with it for $25 that
didn't work. I sent it back, took an IBM parallel cable, cut pins
23-25 and pin 16 on the gender mender, and it worked.

Problem is, I'm getting extra linefeeds in both graphics and text,
no matter what position the AUTO LF switch is on the LQ-800.

The printer does linefeeds correctly with the PAR: device, but not
the PRT: device, so I suppose it's the printer driver that's amiss.

Now, I've heard that AMICUS disk #8 has a working LQ-800 printer driver.
Problem is, I can't find anyone with disk #8.

Can ANYONE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me? The driver itself, the disk, advice
on building printer drivers in either Lattice or Manx ... ANYTHING!

I REALLY need to get this poor printer working.

Any help at ALL would be appreciated. Please, PLEASE reply to the
address below if 'r' doesn't work.

You should be able to tell by now that I'm desperate.

--
# Daniel Rosenberg  (CE)   @   AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill
# disclaimer: These opinions are necessarily mine, not my employer's.

andy@amiga.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (09/02/86)

In article <6004@alice.uUCp> d@alice.UUCP (Daniel Rosenberg) writes:
>[ Second time around ]
>
>I bought myself an Epson LQ-800 printer (which, by the way, is quite
>a nice device.)
>
>Problem is, I'm getting extra linefeeds in both graphics and text,
>no matter what position the AUTO LF switch is on the LQ-800.
>
>The printer does linefeeds correctly with the PAR: device, but not
>the PRT: device, so I suppose it's the printer driver that's amiss.

Actually, the most likely problem is that:

1) that your cable is wired to keep auto-linefeed on always
   (an Epson feature, this overides the DIP switch).  Check your
   printer manual and undo that option.

			andy finkel
--

			andy finkel
			Commodore(Amiga)

"Remember, no matter where you grow, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonsai.