[net.micro.amiga] VT100 Terminal Program

ivancich@utah-cs.UUCP (Eric Ivancich) (08/31/86)

[line eating bug fodder]

	The VT100 version 2 is a really wonderful program.  The only problem
that I have not seen mentioned and corrected, is that it has a hard time
doing the full screen 48 lines.  When I start it in this mode, it scrolls at
48 lines only when the text being printed originates from the Amiga.  If it
receives text from a host, it scrolls at 24 lines.  It sounds like something
is hard wired to 24 lines instead of the size parameters.

	I have successfully uploaded and downloaded with xmodem, but tend to
have errors on about every 10th block when uploading, and almost never when
downloading.  This seems to be consistant even when hooked to different
machines.  I think there is a bug hidden deep somewhere in the xmodem upload
routine, since I have seen this in every version of Montier's terminal
program that I have ever compiled.  It acts like something in the buffer is
being re-used before it is finished with it the first time.

	Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.  The next step for
a terminal emulator would seem to be one that uses a termcap file to know
what kind of non-graphics terminal to emulate.  The graphics would be a bit
trickier.  Any word yet on a Tektronics graphics terminal emulator?

Disclaimer:  You will be hard pressed to find anyone who supports anything
that I say, let alone get them to admit it. Even me.

  Wild animals never kill for sport.  Man is the only one to whom the
  torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.
                                -- James Anthony Froude

John M. Olsen

UUCP: {ihnp4, seismo, hplabs, decvax, arizona}!utah-ug!u-jmolse
ARPA: u-jmolse@utah-ug

repair@tikal.UUCP (Repair and Return) (08/31/86)

I beleive I may have located a new bug in the latest version of the Vt100
emulator. It appears when you try to bind something to the f10 key. I set
f10 to "ATH^M" in the vt100.init file, but when this key is pressed when
running the emulator the program spilles what I have bound to the
F1(shifted) key onto the screen. I have tryed binding other commands to
the f10 key but I still get the same result. Has anyone experienced the
same problem or did I make some mistake in my compilling?

Other than this problem I still beleive this is a GREAT program.

THANKS,
MIKE BALCH

vanam@pttesac.UUCP (Marnix van Ammers) (09/02/86)

In article <480@tikal.UUCP> repair@tikal.UUCP (Repair and Return) writes:

>I beleive I may have located a new bug in the latest version of the Vt100
>emulator. It appears when you try to bind something to the f10 key. I set
>f10 to "ATH^M" in the vt100.init file, but when this key is pressed when
>running the emulator the program spilles what I have bound to the
>F1(shifted) key onto the screen. I have tryed binding other commands to
>the f10 key but I still get the same result. Has anyone experienced the
>same problem or did I make some mistake in my compilling?

I found the same bug.  The problem is in init.c line 95 which assumes
that the number after the 'f' or 'F' is only 1 digit long.  Here's
the original line:

			for (j=2; line[j] != 0 &&

I changed the line to:

			for (j=(i==10?3:2); line[j] != 0 &&

This change sets j to 3 if the function key value is 10, otherwise
it sets it to 2 as before.

Marnix