[net.micro.amiga] Dave Wecker vt100 emulator parts needed

st94wb@sdcc12.UUCP (wade blomgren) (08/27/86)

Thanks to Dave Wecker for posting the sources to his vt100 emulator.

The shar archives arrived at my site with corruption in two of the
files.  If somebody close could pack up those files and mail them to
me I would appreciate it. (If anybody else had a problem then perhaps
Dave could repost those components??)

Files needed:      vt100.h
                   window.c

"and thanks for your support"   (Bartles & Jaymes)

Wade Blomgren
UCSD

....sdcsvax!sdcc12!st94wb or ...sdcsvax!net1!wade

jea@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Joanne Albano) (08/28/86)

> Thanks to Dave Wecker for posting the sources to his vt100 emulator.

I agree but has anyone *actually* succeeded in compiling this
code using Lattice? I get many warnings and errors including
an indication that theres a missing file in my system called
functions.h.

cherry@h-sc4.harvard.edu (michael cherry) (08/29/86)

In article <321@ur-cvsvax.UUCP> jea@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Joanne Albano) writes:
>> Thanks to Dave Wecker for posting the sources to his vt100 emulator.
>
>I agree but has anyone *actually* succeeded in compiling this
>code using Lattice? I get many warnings and errors including
>an indication that theres a missing file in my system called
>functions.h.

I've compiled it was Lattice and received no error messages. Make sure you
defined Lattice 1 and Manx 0 in vt100.h. There shouldn't be a call to
functions.h. When I unshar'ed the posted source I was told window.c and
another file were short by less than 10 characters. But this didn't effect
the program. It works great!

There did seem to be some missing code in remote.c, to get the keypad and
arrow keys to work add "sendchar(27);" before the sendstring calls. Also some
of the special graphics characters were not defined. See subroutine doalt in
remote.c.

I have tested this program out on a VMS system and found only the above
problems. Thanks again to Dave Wecker et. al. for the source. Sure beats
Online!.

Mike Cherry   cherry@h-sc4%harvard.harvard.edu

adp@hp-sdd.UUCP (Tony Parkhurst) (09/02/86)

In article <321@ur-cvsvax.UUCP> jea@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Joanne Albano) writes:
>> Thanks to Dave Wecker for posting the sources to his vt100 emulator.
>
>I agree but has anyone *actually* succeeded in compiling this
>code using Lattice? I get many warnings and errors including
>an indication that theres a missing file in my system called
>functions.h.

Sounds like you forgot to change the define in vt100.h from manx to lattice.

I compliled it under Lattice and didn't get a single warning (a new record?)

*      Tony Parkhurst -- {hplabs|sdcsvax|ncr-sd|hpfcla|ihnp4}!hp-sdd!adp      *
*                        OR   hp-sdd!adp@nosc.arpa                            *