[net.micro.amiga] Dave Wecker VT100 Autowrap

bill@dayton.UUCP (bill) (09/25/86)

In article <93500039@convex> danny@convex.UUCP writes:
>Well, hope VT100   2.1 will auto-wrap after 80 columns.  It gets annoying when
>the cursor sticks on the edge...  Nice job on 2.0   .....
  Stuff...
>Go4it people!
>Dan Wallach
>...!innp4!convex!danny

	When version 1.1 came around, I added "smart" autowrap (I guess
this is pretty normal autowrap actually.. IE: On the eighty-th character
the cursor stays in column 80 on top of the last character until the next
character comes in.  This will prevent "extra" linefeeds when lines are
exactly 80 columns long).  I will mail my changes to Dave Wecker for possible
inclusion in a version after 2.1 (I am using V2.1 now).  You could mail
me if you want the code fragments that I changed to implement it.

					-Bill

--
UUCP: ihnp4!rosevax!dayton!bill         Bill Argyros
ATT:  (612) 375-2816                    Dayton-Hudson Dept. Store. Co.

vanam@pttesac.UUCP (Marnix van Ammers) (09/26/86)

In article <204@dayton.UUCP> bill@dayton.UUCP (Bill Argyros) writes:
>In article <93500039@convex> danny@convex.UUCP writes:
>>Well, hope VT100   2.1 will auto-wrap after 80 columns.  It gets annoying when
>>the cursor sticks on the edge...  Nice job on 2.0   .....
>  Stuff...
>>Go4it people!
>>Dan Wallach
>>...!innp4!convex!danny
>
>	When version 1.1 came around, I added "smart" autowrap (I guess
>this is pretty normal autowrap actually.. IE: On the eighty-th character
>the cursor stays in column 80 on top of the last character until the next
>character comes in.  This will prevent "extra" linefeeds when lines are

Whoah!!  Normal autowrap is to type all characters after the 80th on
the same position?  That's what I call having autowrap off.  What I
consider autowrap is when everything beyond the 80th character gets
printed on the next line and everything beyond the 160th character on
the line after that and so on.  Weckers VT100 does what you describe,
i.e. the cursor remains on the 80th column until the next newline.

Am I missunderstanding your article?

In any case I would like an option and a way to have autowrap.  I don't
want to loose anything just because my screen can only handle 80
columns.

Marnix
--
Marnix A.  van\ Ammers
Home: (707) 644-9781		Work: (415) 545-8334