[net.micro.amiga] LaTeX for the Amiga

jwabik@umnd-cs.UUCP (Jeff Wabik) (09/21/86)

Is anyone aware of where to get Amiga LaTeX (or regular TeX)?  I've heard
that a version WITH PREVIEWER is available and I have been waiting patiently
for it.  My patience is running short.  I need \LaTeX\/!

Thanks in advance ..

rokicki@navajo.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) (09/22/86)

In article <219@umnd-cs.UUCP>, jwabik@umnd-cs.UUCP (Jeff Wabik) writes:
> Is anyone aware of where to get Amiga LaTeX (or regular TeX)?  I've heard
> that a version WITH PREVIEWER is available and I have been waiting patiently
> for it.  My patience is running short.  I need \LaTeX\/!
>
> Thanks in advance ..

It's available and shipping.  To run LaTeX, you need at least a megabyte
of RAM; TeX will run in a 512K system.  Write AmigaTeX, n^2 Computer
Consultants, Box 2736, College Station, TX  77841.

-tom

jwabik@umnd-cs.UUCP (Jeff Wabik) (09/26/86)

In article <846@navajo.STANFORD.EDU>, rokicki@navajo.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) writes:
> In article <219@umnd-cs.UUCP>, jwabik@umnd-cs.UUCP (Jeff Wabik) writes:
> > Is anyone aware of where to get Amiga LaTeX (or regular TeX)?  I've heard
> > that a version WITH PREVIEWER is available and I have been waiting patiently
> It's available and shipping.  To run LaTeX, you need at least a megabyte
> of RAM; TeX will run in a 512K system.  Write AmigaTeX, n^2 Computer
> Consultants, Box 2736, College Station, TX  77841.
>
> -tom

Any idea if this version includes a Previewer?  How much is it?

   -Jeff

rokicki@navajo.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) (09/28/86)

> > > Is anyone aware of where to get Amiga LaTeX (or regular TeX)?
> > It's available and shipping.  To run LaTeX, you need at least a megabyte
> > of RAM; TeX will run in a 512K system.  Write AmigaTeX, n^2 Computer
> > Consultants, Box 2736, College Station, TX  77841.
> Any idea if this version includes a Previewer?  How much is it?
Yes, it definitely contains a previewer; that is one of its strong points.
The price is currently $300 I believe; very comparable to TeX for the
PC and Macintosh.

-tom