[net.micro.amiga] Is there AppleTalk for the Amiga?

mende@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Bob Mende) (09/27/86)

   I am in charge of the amiga for Rutgers University's one and only
Amiga.  In our Micro Computer lab we have a small network set up.  It
consists of 5 Mac+'s 4 ImageWriters and a Laser Printer.  This
AppleTalk network is connected to a SUNOL 110meg disk via a MACSun
interface.  The SUNOL is also connected to a number of Apple ][e's and
a few IBM's.  We use the SUNOL as both a method of commucations
between the various systems and a method of printer sharing.
   What we want to do is have our amiga connected to the SUNOL and the
entire "network".  As far as we can find there is no SUNOL hardware
for the amiga.  What I am wondering is there any AppleTalk hard/soft
ware for the amiga.  We are using the new HFS system on the MAC's if
that is of any importance.  If anyone know of anyway to connect an
amiga to a SUNOL or AppleTalk please let me know ....

					Bob Mende
	UUCP:{wherewver}!caip!topaz!mende
        ARPA:MENDE@AIM.RUTGERS.EDU

perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) (09/30/86)

In article <5966@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU>, mende@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Bob Mende) writes:
> for the amiga.  What I am wondering is there any AppleTalk hard/soft
> ware for the amiga.

ASDG plans support  for AppleTalk (tm) based upon our SMGC. This brings up
a another point. The  newest Amiga  World mistakenly announces the SMGC as
a Byte By Byte product (see page 120). Bob Ryan got his notes mixed up and
actually meant to refer to us not BbB.

Please spread the word of this error (which I am told will be corrected in
the next Amiga  World).

Oh yeah, consider this a formal solicitation for bids to implement AppleTalk
on our SMGC. Please mail detailed proposals to me at the well. If the terms
are right, we'll farm it out. If not, we'll do it ourselves.

Perry S. Kivolowitz