[net.micro.amiga] amiga blink, where can i get it?

phil@sivax.UUCP (Phil Hunt) (10/01/86)

Hello,

   Where can I get a copy of BLINK????  I have found it on some BBS systems,
and tried to download it, but it is ARC'ed.  How do I unARC it?

   Anything I have tried causes:  "Cannot load BLINK, module not object"

or something similar.

Phil Hunt
..calma!sivax!phil

danny@convex.UUCP (10/04/86)

To get your copy of Blink going, or anything ARCed running, here's what to do:

you obviously have your terminal/downloading stuff figured out so that's one
big hurdle.

now, find a BINary copy of any version of ARC.  Download that and chop it or
whatever - if it was HUNKPADed then you don't have to - ask your SYSOP.

if your version is anything less than 16 then:
set the date to something real pre-historic - they are timestamped
get instructions to ARC by downloading them or running with no arguments
use your version of ARC to decode ARC16.ARC

ARC16 is the latest and greatest version.
Hope this helps!!!!

Dan Wallach
...!ihnp4!convex!danny

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (10/07/86)

In article <349@sivax.UUCP>, phil@sivax.UUCP (Phil Hunt) writes:
> Hello,
>
>    Where can I get a copy of BLINK????  I have found it on some BBS systems,
BLink is available from The Software Distillery, the developers.  Send $7 for
a disk to the address below, or get it off our board.  Version 6.5 is near
completion, but not quite there yet.  (It's great BLinking ALINKed executables
and making them smaller, though. . .)

|_o_o|\\   The           Dave Baker    Ed Burnette
|. o.| ||   Software     Stan Chow     Jay Denebeim
| .  | ||    Distillery  Gordon Keener Jack Rouse
| o  | ||                John Toebes   Doug Walker
|  . |//
======     BBS:(919)-471-6436     300/1200/2400
           235 Trillingham Lane, Cary, NC 27511