[net.micro.amiga] Deluxe Print

macdonald@author.dec.com (Quadrapi for sale.) (10/07/86)

I just picked up Deluxe Print and have found it to be very easy to use
and quite versatile. As a matter of fact, I only needed the manual to
clarify how the palette functions with .IFF file imported from Deluxe
Paint. The screen is logically designed -- simple yet flexible. Now, if
I only had a color printer.

Paul MacDonald

"The views expressed here are my own."

-PM

vanam@pttesac.UUCP (Marnix van Ammers) (10/09/86)

In article <5805@decwrl.DEC.COM> macdonald@author.dec.com (Quadrapi for sale.) writes:
>I just picked up Deluxe Print and have found it to be very easy to use
>and quite versatile. As a matter of fact, I only needed the manual to
>clarify how the palette functions with .IFF file imported from Deluxe
>Paint. The screen is logically designed -- simple yet flexible. Now, if
>I only had a color printer.

Well, I for one, am unhappy with Deluxe Print.

Maybe I haven't figured out how to use it right, but I haven't
found a way to print more than 1 copy of anything I create with
it.  I had hoped to be able to have it print out reams of cute,
4 color labels on my printer.  Alas, I have to click the PRINT
gadget for each print, wait 1 minute for that label to finish
printing, then click the PRINT gadget again, etc.

Also, I don't think the design is so logical.  One can learn to
use it, but I think it takes a lot of trying this and trying
that and reading the entire manual over several times.

Oh, yeah, I also think it's guilty of creating directories on
my disks without my asking for them.  I find empty directories
"pages", "lo-res", and some others on some of my disks.  I think
Deluxe Print is putting them there when I say to look in those
directories for files.  I'm not trying to write anything there.

I thought that maybe the copy protection scheme was causing
troubles so I sent in my $20 and got a non-copy protected copy.
Haven't had the time to give the new copy a good work out yet.