[net.micro.amiga] gadget question

nobody@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Unprivileged user) (10/11/86)

	I have constructed a Requester with several string
gadgets.  Right now, if the user wishes to enter data into
all of the gadgets, he must click the first gadget, enter
text, <ret>, move mouse to next gadget, click, etc.  What I
would like is for the next gadget in the list to be activated
automatically when the user is finished with the previous.
(I believe Textcraft uses this technique).
	Is there any way to do this?

			Thanks,

					Brian Russ
					UC San Diego
					...!sdcsvax!bruss

					Brian Russ
					EE&CS Department
					UC San Diego
					...!sdcsvax!bruss

chiu@princeton.UUCP (Kenneth Chiu) (10/12/86)

In article <2139@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> nobody@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Unprivileged user) writes:
>. . .What I would like is for the next gadget in the list to be activated
>automatically when the user is finished with the previous.  Is there any way to
>do this?

I'm not a guru, so I'm just guessing, but wouldn't it be pretty easy fake an
input event (that the user pushed the left button at (x, y)) by using the
input device.  You'd probably have to write some dump programs so you will
know what the messages look like, and it's probably not trivial, but it doesn't
seem ridiculously difficult.
--
Kenneth Chiu                                              UUCP: princeton!chiu
Princeton University Computer Science Department        BITNET: 6031801@PUCC