[net.micro.amiga] Open Letter to Paul Higginbottom CBM

star@fluke.UUCP (David Whitlock) (10/16/86)

 Newsgroups: net.micro.amiga
 Subject: Re: Shell 2.01A Manx version (with extra's)

>Being new to the MANX compiler (but loving it), you make a reference in the
>makefile to ln -o SHELL ..... -lc32.  What is that thing! (-lc32)! Somewhere
>I must have missed a 'thread' on this one.  I assume is the call to search
>library file 'c32.lib' but where do I find this.
>
>Can anyone shed some light.
>--

Sounds to me like you're not a REGISTERED owner of the Manx system!
If you were, you would know what c32.lib is.  It's the 32 bit version
of c.lib which is included in the package.  If I'm wrong, I apologize
in advance, but if you OWNED the package, I don't see how you could
NOT know this.

	Paul.

Disclaimer: I don't work for anybody, and opinions expressed are my own.

Paul, your opinions may be your own, but you do represent Commodore Amiga,
atleast when their 'organiazation title' is contained in your postings to
the net.

I was looking for advice, for a new product that I purchased in lew of the
Lattice compiler that I have been using since Oct 1985.  I skimmed over the
two supplied diskettes and noted in the manual and through discussions over

It never occured to me at the time, that there were two seperate
libraries.

I did receive alot of help (non insulting) mail from other MANX users who
pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!!!

Your insinuation that I am not a REGISTERED user sucks!!! Regardless of your
disclaimer.  I have read and used alot of your tips in the past few months
with much success and appreciation.  I've also (as I am sure) many others,
have put up with your aristocratic (webster: socially exclusive, also
snobbish) aura.  Leave your personal oppions at home, brining to the forum,
only knowledge.

One final thought.  Many of us are developers, many of us are just consumers
of your product.  Many of us have struggled with your product from its
beginning.  Remember the motto of our companies founder, John Fluke: "The customer is our boss, he deserves a little more that he thought he'd paid for".

--
Dave Whitlock

        {decvax!microsof,uw-beaver,ssc-vax,allegra,lbl-csam}!fluke!star

--John Fluke Mfg. Co., 33031 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150

andy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (10/16/86)

In article <3652@vax4.fluke.UUCP> star@fluke.UUCP (David Whitlock) writes:

>>From: higgin@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom)
>>
>>	Paul.
>>
>>Disclaimer: I don't work for anybody, and opinions expressed are my own.

>Paul, your opinions may be your own, but you do represent Commodore Amiga,
>atleast when their 'organiazation title' is contained in your postings to
>the net.
>

>--
>Dave Whitlock
>
>        {decvax!microsof,uw-beaver,ssc-vax,allegra,lbl-csam}!fluke!star
>
>--John Fluke Mfg. Co., 33031 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150

Before this goes any further, I'd like to point out that Paul is *NOT*
currently connected in any way to either Commodore or Commodore-Amiga.  Except
that he accesses netnews through cbmvax.  He is an independent developer,
just like many others on the net.

Ok, back to your 'discussion'.

				andy finkel
--

			andy finkel
			Commodore(Amiga)

"Remember, no matter where you grow, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonsai.