[net.micro.amiga] V1.2 WorkBench

macdonald@author.dec.com (Quadrapi for sale.) (10/10/86)

Can anyone tell me if Microsoft BASIC will work with the released version
of 1.2? The beta versions seemed incompatible with the BASIC supplied with
the Amiga.

I have heard that OnLine will be upgraded in November to improve certain
functionality such as display speed. File transfers do work at the modem
speed though. If you are using 2400 baud, the file transfers at that
speed.

Paul MacDonald

rossi@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Lisa Rossi) (10/14/86)

In article <5876@decwrl.DEC.COM> macdonald@author.dec.com (Quadrapi for sale.) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if Microsoft BASIC will work with the released version
>of 1.2? The beta versions seemed incompatible with the BASIC supplied with
>the Amiga.
>
>Paul MacDonald

Yes, Microsoft BASIC will work with the release version of 1.2.  If you
have a 1.2 beta version passed beta 4 it should work fine.

Just another little note that might interest you - there will also be
another release for Microsoft BASIC - it will probably be made available
around the time 1.2 is released.

			Lisa

dale@amiga.UUCP (Dale Luck) (10/16/86)

>In article <5876@decwrl.DEC.COM> macdonald@author.dec.com (Quadrapi for sale.) writes:
>>Can anyone tell me if Microsoft BASIC will work with the released version
>>of 1.2? The beta versions seemed incompatible with the BASIC supplied with
>>the Amiga.
>>
>>Paul MacDonald

The word I get is that 1.1 microsoft basic has bugs in it that prevents
it from running under V1.2 There will be a rerelease of microsoft basic
to fix alleviate this problem.
Dale