[net.sf-lovers] Truly Bizarre SF Comix

pugh@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (10/24/85)

From: "pugh jon%b.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA

I have just been turned onto a comic book that really piqued my weird gland,
it is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  It is just what it sounds like,
a band of four kids who are turtle shaped [with shells] and trained as Ninja.
Their names are Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello.  In issue
number 5 they find themselves on another planet [having stepped into the
TransMat Beam at the end of issue 4] helping a Fugitoid [a scientist trapped
in a robot body] escape from 1) the government [who want his TransMat device
to beam bombs onto enemy ships] and 2) the Triceratons [the enemy].  The
boys do a good job in a situation that is completely out of their league.

The mag is a b&w with interesting art and beautiful dialogue.  I heartily
recommend it.  Check with your local comix dealer and make your request.
Remember, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Oh yes, there are miniatures and
a role playing game out too, but I haven't seen them.

Jon

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (10/31/85)

In article <199@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> pugh@caip.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
>From: "pugh jon%b.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA
>

>I have just been turned onto a comic book that really piqued my weird gland,
>it is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  It is just what it sounds like,
>a band of four kids who are turtle shaped [with shells] and trained as Ninja.

Actually, they ARE turtles.  Radiation-transformed, of course.

--
 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger
ARPA: celtics!roger@bu-cs.ARPA