[net.micro.amiga] Need help with SetFileDate

jkb@ukma.uky.csnet (Keith Burton) (10/17/86)

I am having trouble getting the SetFileDate packet action type to work.
Whenever I try it, I am getting the result 'Res1=0, Res2=209 (decimal)'.

The 1.2 autodocs told how to use the type, but not what the errors were.
If some kind soul at C-A would look this one up for me, I would sure
appreciate it.  A working example would earn my undying gratitude!

Thanks,
Keith Burton

phillip@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Phillip Lindsay) (10/17/86)

> I am having trouble getting the SetFileDate packet action type to work.
> Whenever I try it, I am getting the result 'Res1=0, Res2=209 (decimal)'.
>
> The 1.2 autodocs told how to use the type, but not what the errors were.
> If some kind soul at C-A would look this one up for me, I would sure
> appreciate it.  A working example would earn my undying gratitude!
>
> Thanks,
> Keith Burton

Keith -
 Res1 == 0 (implies ERROR) res2 has more information ( = 209) which
 implies ERROR_ACTION_NOT_KNOWN. The libraries/dos.h has a nice list of
 error codes. Sounds like your sending a packet to a file-handler that
 "don't know" about SetFileDate. 1.2 Release Kickstart > 33.158 should
 support the packet type.

 I'll try and upload an example asap...

  Phillip Lindsay - Commodore Business Machines - Amiga Technical Support
    Dirt: 1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester  PA 19380
    uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!phillip
    arpa: cbmvax!phillip@seismo -or- phillip@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo | harvard}
    Tel.: (215) 431-9180
Disclaimer: [someone said I needed this] No warranty is implied or otherwise
   given in the form of suggestion or example. Any opinions found here are of
   my making. [unless Fred pops up (my other self)]

jesup@steinmetz.UUCP (Jesup) (10/23/86)

In article <909@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> phillip@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Phillip Lindsay) writes:

>> I am having trouble getting the SetFileDate packet action type to work.
>> Whenever I try it, I am getting the result 'Res1=0, Res2=209 (decimal)'.
>>
>Keith -
> error codes. Sounds like your sending a packet to a file-handler that
> "don't know" about SetFileDate. 1.2 Release Kickstart > 33.158 should
> support the packet type.

	According to Ray Brand, in 1.2 Gamma 1, (just received), SetFileDate
works with disks.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the ramdisk.  This
is apparently a side-effect of the fact that most everything in AMIGADOS
wants/returns BPTR's.  The ramdisk is expecting APTR's, and the filing
system BPTR's (or maybe I got it backwards.  Doesn't matter.)
	Another point:  from my reading of the 1.2 Gamma 1 include files,
a number of the new things in 1.2 are missing from the include files, like
MODE_READWRITE, the new packet types, telling people where the PATH info
for each CLI is, where the RESIDENT structure is (and what it is).  Phil,
you told me where these are, why don't you post an update to here so we can
fix out include files?

	Randell Jesup			...!rpics!steinmetz!jesup.uucp
					jesup@ge-crd.arpa
					userb9zv%rpitsmts.bitnet