[net.sf-lovers] Disagreement with jayembee

QUINT@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (11/01/85)

From: Anne Marie Quint {/amqueue} <quint@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

    Date: Saturday, 19 Oct 1985 00:13:38-PDT
    From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM  (JERRY BOYAJIAN)
    Subject: re: Price of the Phoenix

    > From: Anne Marie Quint {/amqueue} <quint@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
    >      I sit here blithely replying, and find that I can only
    > remember one of the author's names: Jacqueline Lichtenberg,
    > currently of Sime/Gen fame. The other author wrote a Star Trek
    > fact book in the mid-70's I think, in which case it would be Joan
    > Winston, but I havent been able to find these books in my library
    > for a couple of years;...

    They say memory is the first to go... :-)

mea culpa, I beat my breast. I am wrong wrong wrong. I thought I had sent a
message to Saul saying !Dont print that! but I obviously missed. I humbly
beg forgiveness, please stop beating me!

    The writers of PRICE OF THE PHOENIX and FATE OF THE PHOENIX (as well
    as at least one other Trek novel, the title of which I forget and am
    too lazy to look up, and editing the two NEW VOYAGES anthologies)
    are Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath. Lichtenberg never wrote a
    Star Trek novel (unless it was fan published), but her sometime
    Sime/Gen collaborator, Jean Lorrah, wrote THE VULCAN ACADEMY
    MURDERS.

    --- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

I hate to disagree with you, jerry, (you dont know how I hate this!) but I
distinctly remember picking up House of Zeor because of Lichtenberg's name.
At the time I was even more a ST fanatic than I am now (I had more time and
money (my dad bought the books)), so it is possible that she was just
fan-published, in which case it would be in Spockanalia, that being the
only zines I had. But I really think it was from a book, or a short story.
Maybe one of the Fact Trek Books? My dad is insisting that he keep all our
trek books in his house, so I cant go look it up... (meanie!)

Die Young and Be Sterile
(klingon salute to honorable enemies?)
(my friends getting sick of me in high school!)
/amqueue
(aka Spock)
-------