[net.micro.amiga] mixing graphics and text

daveb@cbmvax.commodore.COM (Dave Berezowski) (11/03/86)

In article <690@ulowell.UUCP> page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) writes:
>When using the printer driver, how can you mix graphics and text on the
>same page?  I want to be able to print part of a picture on the same line
>as some text.
>
>i.e.    --------  text
>        + pic- +  This text is
>        + ture +  on the same lines
>        --------  as the picture
>        still more text
>
>I know I could convert the text to graphics and print a RastPort for the
>full width of the page, but that won't work on (for example) an HP LaserJet,
>which can't print a full page of graphics.

	On those printers which have a reverse linefeed you could print
the text, reverse line feed the number of lines you printed, and then do
a graphic dump. This will give you the desired result. However, YOU MUST
PERFORM THE PRINTING IN THE ORDER SPECIFIED ABOVE AS SOME PRINTERS
(SUCH AS THE HP LASERJET) EJECT THE PAPER AFTER A GRAPHIC DUMP.

	Off the top of my head, I don't know if the HP LaserJet supports
reverse linefeed (for your sake, I hope so).

	Note: The HP LaserJet graphics printer driver resets the printer
BEFORE it actually dumps the picture. This MAY cause the printer to
eject the paper (although, I don't think so), thereby making my
above suggestion useless.

	Good Luck.  Hope I've been helpful.

PS. The above info is true for the 1.1 printer drivers.

Disclaimer: I do not work for CBM-Amiga, my opinions are my own.
--
David Berezowski	{caip,ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!cbmvax!daveb

Disclaimer: I work for myself, so my words must be my own.
            (You may borrow them if you like)