[net.micro.amiga] Lattice Announces 3.1 on BIX

cmcmanis@sun.uucp (Chuck McManis) (10/30/86)

On Bix Lattice announced the availability of version 3.1 of the compiler.
Enhancements include better code support, smaller modules, position
independent code, macro assembler, new version of the Blink linker,
expanded library functions (including fork!) and a bunch of other
stuff. (New Docs too!) Cost for the upgrade is $75 with one's Update
Card.

--
--Chuck McManis

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) (11/03/86)

In article <8718@sun.uucp>, cmcmanis@sun.uucp (Chuck McManis) writes:
> On Bix Lattice announced the availability of version 3.1 of the compiler.
> Enhancements include better code support, smaller modules, position
> ......... . . . ..

Sounds great.  Ok, I obtained my LC through CBM-Amiga therefore have no update
card.
Question: Will CBM-Amiga make 3.1 available to it's developers?
Question: If so, about how long will it be before CBM-Amiga has stock in-house?
Statement: I fully expect to PAY for the compiler upgrade with manual. So....
Question: About how many pennies should I budget for such an upgrade (assumeing

          question 1 is true)?

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (11/04/86)

In article <534@elmgate.UUCP> jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) writes:
>In article <8718@sun.uucp>, cmcmanis@sun.uucp (Chuck McManis) writes:
>> On Bix Lattice announced the availability of version 3.1 of the compiler.
>> Enhancements include better code support, smaller modules, position
>> ......... . . . ..
>
>Sounds great.  Ok, I obtained my LC through CBM-Amiga therefore have no update
>card.
>Question: Will CBM-Amiga make 3.1 available to it's developers?
>Question: If so, about how long will it be before CBM-Amiga has stock in-house?
>Statement: I fully expect to PAY for the compiler upgrade with manual. So....
>Question: About how many pennies should I budget for such an upgrade (assumeing
>          question 1 is true)?

I got my Lattice C via the Commodore Developer's route.  I'm not sure I really
care about the cost of an upgrade or not.  I'm budgeting my bucks for the new
Manx C.  Lattice has to improve by a *great* deal to have me stick with it.