[net.micro.amiga] Comment on Amiga's Power Supply

	While up in Tahoe, my Amiga went through many a brownout.... where the
screen goes awry for a moment (but not quite out).  I'm happy to say that it
did not crash once.  To whomever designed that power supply, my Amiga and I
thank you.

						-Matt

eric@umbc3.UMD.EDU (eric messick) (11/07/86)

In article <8610282105.AA08252@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>	While up in Tahoe, my Amiga went through many a brownout.... where the
>screen goes awry for a moment (but not quite out).  I'm happy to say that it
>did not crash once.  To whomever designed that power supply, my Amiga and I
>thank you.
>						-Matt

I like to leave my Amiga on all of the time, and was quite worried when
I realized that we had just had a several second power failure...

I went upstairs, turned the monitor power on, expecting to see a hand
holding a kickstart disk, and saw....   the screen just as I had left it...
I was amazed!  I tried typing... It worked!  This was a power FAILURE!
Complete, Total loss of power for at least 3 seconds...

How Do They Do That???????      Anyway... My thanks too!!!!!

				-eric
--
#include <standard/disclamer.h>
#define SILLY_QUOTE	I've lost my harmonica, Albert....

grr@cbmvax.commodore.COM (George Robbins) (11/07/86)

In article <177@umbc3.UMD.EDU> eric@umbc3 (eric messick) writes:

>I like to leave my Amiga on all of the time, and was quite worried when
>I realized that we had just had a several second power failure...
>
>I went upstairs, turned the monitor power on, expecting to see a hand
>holding a kickstart disk, and saw....   the screen just as I had left it...
>I was amazed!  I tried typing... It worked!  This was a power FAILURE!
>Complete, Total loss of power for at least 3 seconds...

Because the A1000 power supply is designed to provide power, in finite amounts,
to verious peripheral devices, it has considerable overcapacity when no such
devices are in use.  This allows it to ride through short power outages with
nary a glitch.

Rumors that it can also be used to jump-start Volkswagons are without basis
in fact, however...
--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr