[net.news.notes] Bogus software

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (12/10/85)

In article <36000078@uiucdcs> mcewan@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:

>>> 	 Obviously, since the name was on the article under the From
>>> 	 heading...
>>	... I couldn't find your name anywhere
>>	in the heading or in the article...
>
>Also, please be aware that notesfiles users can NOT see the "From" line,
>unless <begin mini-flame> some turkey with a religious objection to using
>an editor posts all 17 zillion garbage lines that their news interface
>shows them in a response <endflame>.
Seems like the 'turkey' here is either the author of notesfiles (for not
updating the software) or those who keep using it when better and more robust
tools are available.  I use an editor, but I don't make any special effort
to 'garbage' lines, as they are inserted by the posting software after I
compose my message.

					- Ralph Hyre