[or.forsale] Changing of the hardisk SCSI ID?

martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) (11/20/90)

[-]

   Hi!  On a A3000, how do you change the SCSI ID of the supplied hardisk?
(typically Prodrive 50 and 200 megs).  I haven't found any information in
the supplied docs.  Is there a software way to do it (like the program
BattMem for the SCSI ID of the controller)?

   Thanks, Daniel.
--
    // Daniel Martin                            Universite de Montreal   \\
   //  MediaLab, ca vous regarde!               C.P. 6128, Succursale A,  \\

In <1990Nov20.044938.3585@IRO.UMontreal.CA>, martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) writes:
>[-]
>
>   Hi!  On a A3000, how do you change the SCSI ID of the supplied hardisk?
>(typically Prodrive 50 and 200 megs).  I haven't found any information in
>the supplied docs.  Is there a software way to do it (like the program
>BattMem for the SCSI ID of the controller)?

The SCSI ID of a hard drive is set by jumpers on the drive itself.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.

In article <1990Nov20.044938.3585@IRO.UMontreal.CA> martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) writes:
>   Hi!  On a A3000, how do you change the SCSI ID of the supplied hardisk?
>(typically Prodrive 50 and 200 megs).  I haven't found any information in
>the supplied docs.  Is there a software way to do it (like the program
>BattMem for the SCSI ID of the controller)?

	It's set by jumpers on the drive (unit 6 from the factory).  Pretty
easy to change.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "If your application does not run correctly,
do not blame the operating system."  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)