[net.sf-lovers] st question

godwin@ICSE.UCI.EDU (10/29/85)

From: Dave Godwin <godwin@ICSE.UCI.EDU>

	I believe I remeber the phrase about 'taking chances' that you
are refering to .  In the episode 'Tomorrow is Yesterday' ( I think ),
the plot runs into three beachball shaped containers containing alien
beings.  They've been in those things for hundreds of thousands of years,
ever since their race blew themselves out in a big nasty war.
	Their names are Sargon, Thelesa and a guy whose name I can't recall,
so we'll call him Fred.  The aliens need to temporarily take over the bodies
of, in order of above, Kirk, a scientist played by Diana Muldaur, and Spock.
The do this in order to build themselves android bodies they can move themselves
into and live in.
	When the rest of the cast start making noises about how dangerous
this whole plot complication will probably be, Kirk makes this nifty speach
about how the risk is worth while, that "..risk, gentelmen ?  Risk is what
this starship's all about.  That's why we're aboard her !", with the usual
funky background Kirk music.
	It was kinda a fun episode.  The bloopers from this one are hilarious.

			Dave

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (11/04/85)

> 	When the rest of the cast start making noises about how dangerous
> this whole plot complication will probably be, Kirk makes this nifty speach
> about how the risk is worth while, that "..risk, gentelmen ?  Risk is what
> this starship's all about.  That's why we're aboard her !", with the usual
> funky background Kirk music.
> 	It was kinda a fun episode.  The bloopers from this one are hilarious.

Of course, it was the Captain and First Officer that had to do
this...

"Have no fear...  Sargon is here..."
--
					--rick heli
					(... ucbvax!ucdavis!ccrrick)

Wahl.ES@Xerox.ARPA (11/05/85)

From: Wahl.ES@Xerox.ARPA

Dave Godwin's plot synopsis was for the episode "Return to Tomorrow" not
"Tomorrow is Yesterday."

--Lisa Wahl
  Star Trek Welcommittee