[net.sf-lovers] SF-LOVERS Digest V10 #423

QUINT@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (11/08/85)

From: Anne Marie Quint {/amqueue} <quint@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

    Date: Tue, 29 Oct 85  13:54 EDT
    From: RAAQC997%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
    Subject: RE:Man-in-the-Rubble

     I find the many contributions to this topic lacking to some extent.
    Since I am new to the net, I hope no one takes the above comment
    personally.  Some very interesting trilogies(?) exist on the subject
    of life after.......  One such series is by Saberhagen(of BESERKER
    fame) called (each in sequence) The First, The Second and The Third
    Book of Swords. The stories range over 2(?) millenia and each book
    is related through the use of the swords. As a prolific scifi reader
    I highly recommend it.

    aaron w.

The Swords book cover about 20 years, not two millenium. There are the same
characters in all three books, and none of the main characters are gods. I
have been told that these books are set in teh same world as a previous
book by Saberhagen, "Empire of the East". Now, I could believe that the
span between Empire and Swords in 2 millenium, but not that the three
Swords books span millenium...

/amqueue
-------