[mod.rec.guns] submission to guns newsgroup

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (08/26/86)

Article: 8:7

I am interested in stainless (or otherwise corrosion-resistant) shotguns for
marine (saltwater) use.  I know of the Winchester Marine, but not any details.
What can people tell me of their experiences with, knowledge of, or opinions
concerning such guns?

Doug Dyment, Department of Computer Science                        |\
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON  Canada  N2L 3G1             /| \
office: 519/888-4451, home: 888-7895                             / |  \
UUCP: ..!{utzoo,decvax,ihnkp4,allegra}!watmath!water!ddyment    /  |   \
ARPA: ddyment%water%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa            /   |    \
CSNET: ddyment%water@waterloo.CSNET                          _/____|======,
_______________________________________________________________\_________/____

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (09/10/86)

Article: 9:5

RE: RUSTPROOF SHOTGUNS

I believe that Mossberg makes a police/military nickel-plated shotgun.
Since Mossberg frames are made of aluminum, this might
be an inexpensive answer.  Use Breakfree on the working parts.

Jon Kaplowitz
ihnp4!erc3ba!jfka

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (09/10/86)

Article: 9:10

In article <1174@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> you write:
>Article: 8:7
>
>I am interested in stainless (or otherwise corrosion-resistant) shotguns for
>marine (saltwater) use.  I know of the Winchester Marine, but not any details.
>What can people tell me of their experiences with, knowledge of, or opinions
>concerning such guns?

>Doug Dyment, Department of Computer Science
>University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON  Canada  N2L 3G1

I believe that Mossberg offers their Model 500 series in stainless or at
least in some corrosion-resistant finish.  I have never used a stainless M500,
but my blue steel version has always functioned reliably (at least under
the dusty, abrasive conditions here in the desert).  I'm not aware of
anyone else who can fill your bill, but between Winchester and the M500,
I don't think you can go wrong.
Regards,
Ralph Herbig