[mod.rec.guns] Model 94 Sights

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (09/17/86)

Article: 9:16

	I've just acquired a Winchester Model 94 Lever Action (you know
	the one) which fires 1/2" groups at 100 meters.  One small prob-
	lem...the groups are so far off the aiming point using the leaf
	sights that I doubt I can drift the front sight far enough to
	compensate.

	I don't much care to mount a scope on the weapon, especially since
	it'll be side-mounted.  Does anyone know of a peep sight that can
	be fitted to the '94?  Considering I get better groups from the '94
	than any of my AR-15's at ranges <= 120 meters, I'd hate to trash
	it.  Thanks in advance.

Mitch -The "Code" Warrior- Corrado
There are only two kinds of vehicle...TANKS and TARGETS!

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (09/19/86)

Article: 9:25

Get the Williams Gun Sight catalog.  I haven't had one in
years, but I recall that there was an aperture sight
for a Winchester 94 at on etime.

Jon Kaplowitz
ihnp4!erc3ba!jfka