[net.sf-lovers] Paul Newman/Robert Altman film

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (11/12/85)

In article <410@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> reiher@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU writes:
>It was "Quintet", one of several Altman films which made him anathema to
>the big studios.  The film was a tremendous flop, both critically and
>commercially, to the point where it got almost no release at all.

   Ah, but it was a good film; a true gem.  It was probably panned by the
critics because it was science fiction and it made one think.  We all know
that science fiction films should be nothing more than rousing blast-em-up
escapist adventures in the Star Wars mold.  Intelligent science fiction?
Bah, humbug!
   Hopefully, it's out on videocassette somewhere, so we discerning viewers
can still enjoy it.

 - Joel Plutchak
   {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster

*	       Get a Usenetter on the ballot at Confederation!               *
*	Nominate DAVIS H. TUCKER for Hugo for Best Fan Writer in 1986!       *