[mod.rec.guns] Resizer Dies

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (10/27/86)

Article: 10:45

This is my first posting to this news group, pardon me if it is a little
rough.  I am considering the purchase of a carbide resizer die for my .357
magnum and .38 special reloading chores.  I have never seen one in action.
My questions are:

     1.  Do these things really work like the companies advertise?

     2.  Do they really require no resizing lube to be applied?

     3.  Do they really polish the cases after some use?

     4.  For those who have used these type of dies, which brand would
        you recommend, Dillion, Lyman, or some other brand?

I've been loading the old way for a long time now and if there is some way
to get around the sticky goop, I'm all for it.

                                        thanx,
                                              Dennis Farnden
UUCP  ucbvax!sdcsvax!caip!lll-crg!csustan!dfarnde@polyslo

jkh@jade.BERKELEY.EDU (Jordan K. Hubbard) (11/01/86)

Article: 10:57

In article <1533@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> you write:
>Article: 10:45
>
>This is my first posting to this news group, pardon me if it is a little
>rough.  I am considering the purchase of a carbide resizer die for my .357
>magnum and .38 special reloading chores.  I have never seen one in action.
>My questions are:
>
>     1.  Do these things really work like the companies advertise?
>
>     2.  Do they really require no resizing lube to be applied?
>
>     3.  Do they really polish the cases after some use?
>
>     4.  For those who have used these type of dies, which brand would
>        you recommend, Dillion, Lyman, or some other brand?
>
>I've been loading the old way for a long time now and if there is some way
>to get around the sticky goop, I'm all for it.
>
>                                        thanx,
>                                              Dennis Farnden
>UUCP  ucbvax!sdcsvax!caip!lll-crg!csustan!dfarnde@polyslo

I use carbide dies for 357/38 and 45ACP and am delighted with them.
They do not require any sticky goop, you just reload. You only need
the resizer die to be carbide. I use them with a Dillon progressive
reloader, although my dies are RCBS.