[mod.std.unix] Purple Book

std-unix@ut-sally.UUCP (07/07/86)

Date:     Mon, 7 Jul 86 12:14:36 EDT
From: Dan Franklin <dan@BBN-PROPHET.ARPA>

Two things about the section on the Purple Book that appeared in the most
recent article.

First, the price is no longer "about 30 dollars".  Doug Gwyn corrected
that.  Here's his message to save scanning the archive:

[ Oops.  Forgot that one; sorry, Doug.  -mod ]

    From: "Moderator, John Quarterman" <std-unix%ut-sally.UUCP@im4u.utexas.EDU>
    Newsgroups: mod.std.unix
    Subject: SVID Issue 2
    Date: 10 Apr 86 00:24:33 GMT

    From: gwyn@BRL.ARPA (Douglas A. Gwyn)
    Date:     Wed, 9 Apr 86 17:55:08 EST

    Select Code 307-127 is supposed to cover both volumes together.
    Total price is something like $52; still $37 a volume I think.
    (Previous SVID owners should have received a discount coupon
    to upgrade to Release 2 for just $37.)

    Volume 1 is essentially equivalent to the whole previous SVID;
    Volume 2 is mostly commands and a few add-ons (e.g. curses).

    Volume-Number: Volume 6, Number 13

As a previous SVID owner, I can confirm that I received a discount
coupon permitting me to upgrade for $37 (and used it).

Second, at the Atlanta USENIX conference the ATT salespeople said they
expected to put out the next issue of the SVID, covering the Release 3
items (streams, networking, etc.) in November or so.  No doubt there
will be a discount again, but if you can borrow a copy until then you
might want to save some money and not order one right away.

	Dan

Volume-Number: Volume 6, Number 22