[mod.std.unix] SVID issues

std-unix@ut-sally.UUCP (07/08/86)

Date:     Mon, 7 Jul 86 23:48:34 EDT
From: Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn@BRL.ARPA>

My impression is that the streams/networking SVID volume will
be in addition to the current two volumes, not part of a
replacement for them.

Volume-Number: Volume 6, Number 26

std-unix@ut-sally.UUCP (Moderator, John Quarterman) (07/10/86)

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 86 01:31:31 PDT
From: ihnp4!meccts!ahby

>From: Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn@BRL.ARPA>
>My impression is that the streams/networking SVID volume will
>be in addition to the current two volumes, not part of a
>replacement for them.

This is correct.  The Sys Vr3 enhancements will be included in a third
volume to the Purple Book.  This should be available in about
September, although if you are a source licensee, it is apparently
available in draft form today.
Shane P. McCarron			UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby
MECC Technical Services			ATT	(612) 481-3589

"Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever."

Volume-Number: Volume 6, Number 27