[net.misc.coke] Don't call me Mello Yello

nax@cornell.UUCP (07/17/85)

From: nax (Nax-Paul)

J. Eric Roskos  writes:
> it is possible to drink Mello Yello at times when it actually tastes good.
> At other times, it tastes way too strong.

Too strong?  It *always* tasted like it was wrung out of a dishrag to me!
Mello Yello is the wimpiest potion I've ever quaffed!

>			 Mr.  Pibb's advertisements called Mr.  Pibb
> "The world's fastest soft drink," and showed things like race car drivers
> drinking a bottle of Mr.  Pibb at a very high speed right after a race.
> They never said this about Mello Yello, eventhough that was what this
> article claimed Mello Yello was designed for.

I recall an identical, or very similar, TV ad for Mello Yello. Part of their
pitch was that it didn't "burn" going down -- but I *like* that!

p.s. smash apartheid, boycott coke.		!cornell!nax