[net.sf-lovers] STORY SEARCH

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA (04/29/85)

From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA

I was trying to find the novel that contains the Agnostic's Prayer.  I
thought this was in a Zelazny novel, like Creatures of Light and
Darkness , but I couldn't seem to find it.  Could you folks help me out?

Brett Slocum (ARPA :  Slocum @ HI-MULTICS) (uucp :
...ihnp4!umn-cs!hi-csc!slocum)

mercury@ut-ngp.UUCP (Larry E. Baker) (04/29/85)

[]

If anyone cares, or might possibly benifit from this posting:

The "agnostic's prayer" is on page forty-something in "Creatures of
Light and Darkness" by Roger Z.  43, I think...(I looked it up for a
friend recently -- No, I don't carry page numbers around in my head!)

Enjoy,

--
-  Larry Baker @ The University of Texas at Austin
-  ... {seismo!ut-sally | decvax!allegra | tektronix!ihnp4}!ut-ngp!mercury

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (05/03/85)

> From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
>
> I was trying to find the novel that contains the Agnostic's Prayer.  I
> thought this was in a Zelazny novel, like Creatures of Light and
> Darkness , but I couldn't seem to find it.  Could you folks help me out?
>
> Brett Slocum (ARPA :  Slocum @ HI-MULTICS) (uucp :
> ...ihnp4!umn-cs!hi-csc!slocum)

It is, in fact, CREATURES OF LIGHT AND DARKNESS.  An interesting
book.  I wasn't impressed by it the first time I
read it.  I re-read when I was going through all
my Zelazny, and decided it was pretty good.  I read
it a third time and really flipped out.  Now there
are passages that bring tears.

		-- SKZB

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@MIT-MC:LS.SRB@MIT-EECS (05/07/85)

From: "Stephen R. Balzac" <LS.SRB%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA>

	I'm pretty sure it is Creatures...  In the early part of the
book is where Madrak gives his prayer for the guy about to immolate
himself.

FINCH.dlos@Xerox.ARPA (12/17/85)

From: FINCH.dlos@Xerox.ARPA

>My fiancee is trying to find out the title and author of a book she
>read about 10 years ago.  She remembers that it was like an ACE
>Double, novella in length and flip the book over.

The book you are talking about is indeed an ace double and it happens to
be
one of my favorite stories. The title is "The Lost Millenium", by Walt
and
Leigh Richmond.

They called the pyramid power a Solar Tap. These Solar Taps were
perfectly safe
unless they were at one of the poles where an "avalanche effect" could
start. Thats what happened to the old civilization. The "avalanche
effect" caused the earth to speed up it's rotation.

I don't remember it all. I guess I'll have to go back and read it again.

Jim Finch