[net.misc.coke] Orphaned Response

chan@hpfcla.UUCP (chan) (07/23/85)

I had forgotten about the "World's Fastest Soft Drink" ads, but surprisingly,
when I saw them they were for Mello Yello. This was in Western Pennsylvania.
I never saw an ad like this for Mr. Pibb.

I haven't seen Mello Yello since I moved west.

			-- Chan Benson
				{ihnp4 | hplabs}!hpfcla!chan
				Hewlett-Packard Company
				Fort Collins, CO
				(303) 226-3800 x3892

As usual, HP has nothing to do with what I say here.

chan@hpfcla.UUCP (chan) (07/26/85)

> Open a can of R.C. cola, then pour in some vodka and kahlua.
> Hey presto!  A Decadent Russian!

I tried this, but the vodka and kahlua spilled out the top of the can
before I could get very much in there. Did I do something wrong?

chan@hpfcla.UUCP (chan) (07/26/85)

> Here in Pittsburgh, there is a tendency for soot and tar to collect on one's
> windshield.  I have found that a 16 oz. bottle of Pepsi, when added to the
> windshield washing fluid, does a great job of cutting through this.  I
> wouldn't dream of drinking this stuff.

I just had to rush to the rescue of my old home town...

Please don't perpetuate the myth that Pittsburgh is this dirty old city
where the air is full of smoke and tar. It's no worse than the average
city, and a lot better than many.

It's funny, but when I was moving to Colorado, people said "Oh going
to Denver (the only CO city they had heard of), Gonna get some nice
clean air huh?" In Colorado when you tell them you're from Pgh, they
say "Oh, what a scummy town" (though they've never been there). Both
views are so wrong!

Sorry about the drift...

woof@hpfcla.UUCP (woof) (08/04/85)

> I heard that Classic Coke still doesn't use the old formula, that the label
> still says "corn syrup" (or words to that effect) instead of good ol'
> American red-blooded Mom-and-apple-pie sugar.
>
> I'm not a Coke drinker, but was just curious if anyone would verify this..

Arghh, yes.  Ingredients from the Coke Classic in my hand:

CARBONATED  WATER,  HIGH-FRUCTOSE  CORN SYRUP AND / OR SUCROSE,  CARAMEL
COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE.

It still gives the ol' throat burn,  however.  Does anybody have a stash
of the old stuff  that can  compare  taste  with the  Classic?  Are they
really the same?  Can the taste  buds  discern  the  difference  between
fructose, sucrose, and glucose?

Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company
{ihnp4|hplabs}!hpfcla!woof			  Fort Collins, Colorado

anny@hpfcde.UUCP (anny) (08/06/85)

/***** hpfcde:net.misc.coke / umd5!gwb / 12:49 pm  Jul 25, 1985*/
Don't look now, but the price on the Coke machine here just
went up by $.05...

Who did you THINK was going to pay for all this hype??
--
                                         - George Baltz   N3GB
USENET: seismo!rlgvax!cvl!umd5!gwb

Interesting, in our plant the Pepsi machines charge $.50 while the Coke
machines are only $.45.  I'm boycotting Pepsi products hoping that somebody
will notice, price does make a difference!

Anny ("one small voice") Randel
hplabs!hpfcla!anny

chu@lasspvax.UUCP (Clare Chu) (08/09/85)

In article <26800003@hpfclm.UUCP> woof@hpfcla.UUCP (woof) writes:
>> I heard that Classic Coke still doesn't use the old formula, that the label
>> still says "corn syrup" (or words to that effect) instead of good ol'
>> American red-blooded Mom-and-apple-pie sugar.
>>
>> I'm not a Coke drinker, but was just curious if anyone would verify this..
>
>Arghh, yes.  Ingredients from the Coke Classic in my hand:
>
>CARBONATED  WATER,  HIGH-FRUCTOSE  CORN SYRUP AND / OR SUCROSE,  CARAMEL
>COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE.
>
>It still gives the ol' throat burn,  however.  Does anybody have a stash
>of the old stuff  that can  compare  taste  with the  Classic?  Are they
>really the same?  Can the taste  buds  discern  the  difference  between
>fructose, sucrose, and glucose?
>
>Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company
>{ihnp4|hplabs}!hpfcla!woof			  Fort Collins, Colorado

  Strange...here in Ithaca (boondocks) we still have those gold top
  cans that list sugar as the second ingredient.  I haven't seen
  Classic yet.  And by now my taste buds are so confused I don't
  know if these gold top cans that say sugar are old or new coke.
  My boyfriend claims they are old coke.  And they're still selling
  it at the campus store...

                                        Clare