[net.misc.coke] Cherry Coke

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (07/29/85)

I sit here reading/writing news with my first can of Cherry Coke.  Y'know,
it's not bad!  I think there may be more than 1 formula of it around, tho,
because I've heard from some that it tastes all Cherry-ish.  I disagree.
My can is quite good, with recognizable tastes of both Coke and Cherry.
I think a little more Cherry might be good.

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

I do and I do and I do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get!

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (08/13/85)

I find it takes very little time to drink a 2 liter bottle of Cherry Coke.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Cherry Coke is very "morish" ?
(ie, after one drink, your tatebuds seem to want more).
--
 [ I'm bitten by the Rock and Roll disease;
                    Oh, won't you help me make a record ?  Please ? - Fanny ]

steve@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Steve Holtsberg) (08/20/85)

Cherry RC came to LA first, and I tried it and it was pretty good.
Then when Cherry Coke got here (just the other day), I bought it
thinking it would be even better.  WRONG!!!!!  It's just terrible
(in my opinion).  Has anyone else tried it?  Anyone agree with me?

kvc@scgvaxd.UUCP (Kevin Carosso) (08/23/85)

In article <2269@sdcrdcf.UUCP> steve@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Steve Holtsberg) writes:

>Cherry RC came to LA first, and I tried it and it was pretty good.
>Then when Cherry Coke got here (just the other day), I bought it
>thinking it would be even better.  WRONG!!!!!  It's just terrible
>(in my opinion).  Has anyone else tried it?  Anyone agree with me?

Boy, no kidding!!!   I tried the stuff (Cherry Coke, not RC) first at a
Fuddrucker's out in Montclair (So. Cal.) way back in June and it was pretty
good.  (I dunno how Fuddrucker's got it so soon...  I didn't see it ANYWHERE
else for months...  I hadn't even heard of it before I tried one.)

The stuff I got recently, however, doesn't taste nearly as good.  Tastes
kinda dusty...  like it sat in someone's pyramid for 4000 years... wierd...
Still better than that new coke crap when ya gotta have something outa the
machine...

	/Kevin Carosso          {allegra|seismo|ihnp4}!scgvaxd!engvax!kvc
	 Hughes Aircraft Co.

ps.  How come we haven't got Classic out here yet?  Maybe Coke knew our
     discriminating So Cal taste buds would expose it for the hoax it really
     is, too soon for the market?   HFCS indeed!!!      :-)