[net.misc.coke] Real and REAL

borodkin@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA (08/13/85)

/* Written  7:09 pm  Aug  8, 1985 by omo@mcnc.UUCP in uiucdcsb:net.misc.coke */
/* ---------- "Real and REAL" ---------- */

                                         As I recall she could
still get them pretty much through my high school years (Class
of 69), but I don't think she's been able to find them for
more than a decade now.  (Anybody have any dates on the final
demise of the original little bottle?)

/* End of text from uiucdcsb:net.misc.coke */

     I just visisted Atlanta and in least one store (an A&P I believe)
still has returnable 10 oz. and 6 1/2 oz. bottles, each bearing new coke.

					Stephen L. Borodkin

        USENET:	...!{pur-ee,ihnp4}!uiucdcs!borodkin
        CSNET:	borodkin%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa
        ARPA:	borodkin@uiuc.arpa

jmc@riccb.UUCP (Jeff McQuinn ) (08/15/85)

>>                  . . .   (Anybody have any dates on the final
>> demise of the original little bottle?)
>>

>      I just visisted Atlanta and in least one store (an A&P I believe)
> still has returnable 10 oz. and 6 1/2 oz. bottles, each bearing new coke.

I believe you can still get 10 oz. bottles in Canada (although it may be
a standard metric volume close to 10 oz.)

				Jeff McQuinn just VAXing around

woof@hpfcla.UUCP (woof) (08/17/85)

>                                         My Coke-fanatic aunt
> also noticed it and, unlike us kids, took it personally and would
> drive miles to find the little bottles.  As I recall she could
> still get them pretty much through my high school years (Class
> of 69), but I don't think she's been able to find them for
> more than a decade now.  (Anybody have any dates on the final
> demise of the original little bottle?)

The 6oz.  bottles  appear in the  photograph in an ad for Jack  Daniels,
where they talk about the  folksiness  of Tennessee and boast that "Coke
still costs a dime" there.  Does the Tennessee  bottling  company  still
bottle these, or is the ad a phoney?

Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company
{ihnp4|hplabs}!hpfcla!woof			  Fort Collins, Colorado

mcdonald@sask.UUCP (Shane McDonald) (08/19/85)

> I believe you can still get 10 oz. bottles in Canada (although it may be
> a standard metric volume close to 10 oz.)

Yes, we have 300 ml bottles (300 ml ~= 10.6 oz).
--
Shane McDonald
(ihnp4!sask!mcdonald)

dsi@unccvax.UUCP (Dataspan Inc) (08/23/85)

    Yes, the 6 oz bottles are still available here in Charlotte. I just
had two for lunch Wednesday, however, they sure don't cost a dime (!) each..

Because Charlotte has the worlds 5th largest CoCola bottler...

David Anthony
Chief D.E.
DataSpan, Inc
.

jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) (08/24/85)

> The 6oz.  bottles  appear in the  photograph in an ad for Jack  Daniels,
> where they talk about the  folksiness  of Tennessee and boast that "Coke
> still costs a dime" there.  Does the Tennessee  bottling  company  still
> bottle these, or is the ad a phoney?

Having lived in Nashville for 5 years (1979-1984), I can tell you... the
"Tennessee bottling company" in middle Tennessee, at least, is Wometco,
the same Wometco that owns bottling companies other people have referred
to in here; and the Cokes cost the same there as anywhere else.  It
wouldn't surprise me, though, if they cost a dime at Jack Daniel's tourist
exhibit; though that's hardly "real" Tennessee.  (Real Tennessee can be
observed at places like Mack's Cafe, just down the hill (South) from where
all the tourists go to see Nashville.)  (Or maybe Ducktown Basin :-)).

(Actually the bottler for where Jack Daniel is may be located in Chattanooga,
though... Jack Daniel's is about an hour or two's drive in the direction of
Atlanta from Nashville, which is also in the direction of Chattanooga.)

Give me North Carolina for "folksiness" anytime.
--
Shyy-Anzr:  J. Eric Roskos
UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!peora!jer

	    "Zbba Cvr!"

dad@mit-vax.UUCP (David Duff) (08/30/85)

In article <269@sask.UUCP> mcdonald@sask.UUCP (Shane McDonald) writes:
>> I believe you can still get 10 oz. bottles in Canada (although it may be
>> a standard metric volume close to 10 oz.)
>
>Yes, we have 300 ml bottles (300 ml ~= 10.6 oz).
>--

What's the big deal?  10oz bottle machines are not hard to find around
here (Boston area).