[net.misc.coke] Pepsi hypocrisy

draughn@iitcs.UUCP (Mark Draughn) (08/28/85)

Maybe this has already been posted, but I've heard a rumor that
Pepsi is testing a new product in Japan that isn't as sweet as
the current formula.  But when asked, Pepsi denies this.
I heard this from a friend; has anybody out there heard something
about this?

                                        Mark Draughn

bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) (09/13/85)

In article <159@iitcs.UUCP> draughn@iitcs.UUCP (Mark draughn) writes:
>Maybe this has already been posted, but I've heard a rumor that
>Pepsi is testing a new product in Japan that isn't as sweet as
>the current formula.  But when asked, Pepsi denies this.

It was in the papers about two weeks ago; two cans of Pepsi with
'NEW', etc. on them.  The accompanying article said that the
pictographics said something to the effect of "New Taste - You
Decide".  As you said, Pepsi corporate is keeping their mouths
shut tightly.

						Bob Halloran
						Sr MTS, Perkin-Elmer DSG
UUCP: {decvax, ucbvax, most Action Central}!vax135\
		       	 {topaz, pesnta, princeton}!petsd!pedsgd!bobh
ARPA: petsd!pedsgd!bobh@topaz
USPS: 106 Apple St M/S 305, Tinton Falls NJ 07724
DDD: (201) 758-7000
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.
Quote: "History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the Dark."

dys@homxa.UUCP (D.SZE) (09/24/85)

Having just returned from Japan, I can say that
Cherry Coke is there, along with "Coke Light".
Probably just another name for a same thing
(Coke Light is a diet cola).
Coke seems to be quite a bit bigger there than Pepsi.

David Sze
Bell Communications Research