[net.ham-radio.packet] WA8DED Firmware request

BRUCE%UWALOCKE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (11/14/85)

From: BRUCE%UWALOCKE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
     While reading the PSR for October 1985, I noticed a review and command
decription on the WA8DED firmware for the TNC-1.  The review stated that
the firmware had been put in the public domain (for non-profit use) and
is on both ARPA and USENET hosts.  Is there anyone who does or can distribute
the firmware on the NET?  As we are on a BITNET host (and can't FTP to ARPA),
It would be nice to get the firmware mailed accross the gateway.  Thanks in
adavance.

Bruce Edwards  N7EHM
University of Washington, Seattle, WA

BRUCE%UWALOCKE.BITNET

clements@bbnccq (11/14/85)

From: Bob Clements <clements@bbnccq.ARPA>
I haven't seen the PSR for October that Bruce refers to. I hope it doesn't
say that the WA8DED firmware has been put in the public domain, even for
non-profit use. This is incorrect. The code is copyrighted by Ron Raikes,
WA8DED. Period. He has authorized its non-commercial use by
individual amateurs. That's very different from public domain.

In any case, I will mail a copy to Bruce as he requested. Let's not
have a zillion copies going through the gateway.

73,
/Rcc
K1BC

wb6rqn@yojna1.UUCP (Brian Lloyd) (11/17/85)

> [...]
> In any case, I will mail a copy to Bruce as he requested. Let's not
> have a zillion copies going through the gateway.

I have the WA8DED source here.  Could someone contact Ron Raikes and ask him
if he minds if I make the source code generally available on my UNIX system?
Thanks.

73 de Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN
...![ bellcore | cp1 ]!yojna1!wb6rqn