[net.sf-lovers] Author Request

ivanlan@ccvaxa.UUCP (12/16/85)

re:	author request--gallegher stories

oh, sure.  henry kuttner.  all the stories were collected in
*the proud robot*.

the inventor was 'galloway gallegher.'  the proud robot was
like the glass cat in the oz books: "see my pretty pink brains?
wanta see 'em work?"

i have a british paperback, containing these stories:

	the proud robot
	gallegher plus
	the world is mine
	ex machina
	time locker

a note on the copyright page says 'originally published in
the united states under the title "robots have no tails."'

rec@mplvax.UUCP (Richard Currier) (12/16/85)

In article <729@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> brendan%gigi.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM writes:
>From: brendan%gigi.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM  (From the terminal of Brendan E. Boelke)
>
>	Does anyone out there know the author and titles of the stories
>that have the following background (I think I've got enuff info) -
>
>	The main character was named Galleger (sp?) who was an inventor
>who was the equal of Thomas Alva when drunk.

"Robots Have No Tales" by Lewis Pagett/Henry Kuttner

--

	richard currier		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|akgua|dcdwest|ucbvax}	!sdcsvax!mplvax!rec

keith@ssc-vax.UUCP (Keith Nemitz) (12/20/85)

> From: brendan%gigi.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM  (From the terminal of Brendan E. Boelke)
> 	Does anyone out there know the author and titles of the stories
> that have the following background (I think I've got enuff info) -
> 	The main character was named Galleger (sp?) who was an inventor
> who was the equal of Thomas Alva when drunk.
> 	One story had a 'Blue Dynamo' (may have been title) which was a machine
> sitting in a corner doing nothing.
> 	Another story concerned a 'bar' which was activated by an organ
> style keyboard dispensing the alcohol through a tube.

"Robots have no tails" by Henry Kuttner