[net.ham-radio.packet] Circuit diagram of 9600 Baud modem?

F33PAP%DHHDESY3.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (11/15/85)

From: F33PAP%DHHDESY3.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Hello!
Where can I get a circuit diagram of the 9600 Baud packet radio modem?
vy 73
     Karl-Heinz               DK8HI

ka2ugq@ky2d-2.UUCP (Tom) (11/19/85)

> Hello!
> Where can I get a circuit diagram of the 9600 Baud packet radio modem?
> vy 73
>      Karl-Heinz               DK8HI

If you would like information about the K9NG 9600 baud modem,
I would suggest you contact TAPR (Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio) at:

Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio Club
P.O. Box 22888
Tuscon, Arizona  87534

They should be able to tell you all you would like to know about
Steve Goode's 9600 baud packet TNC.

One other place to look for information on the modem is in the
Gateway newsletter - Volume 2, Issue 2, September 4, 1985.  There
is an article around page 6 entitled, "K9NG MODEM PROJECT".

The PC-board is supposed to be designed to connect a TNC and a
Hamtronics FM-5 220 MHz transceiver.  Other transceivers can be
substituted, with appropriate modifications to the modem board.

This will not be a step-by-step project for the beginning kitbuilder,
but the documentation provided with the board and the article that
Steve submitted to the proceedings of the fourth ARRL Amateur Radio
Computer Networking conference (available for $10 from the ARRL)
should allow experienced builders to assemble and test the modem.

Hope that was helpful!

-Tom Brown KA2UGQ

ai2q@ky2d-2.UUCP (Alex) (11/27/85)

> > Hello!
> > Where can I get a circuit diagram of the 9600 Baud packet radio modem?
> > vy 73
> >      Karl-Heinz               DK8HI
>
> If you would like information about the K9NG 9600 baud modem,
> I would suggest you contact TAPR (Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio) at:
>
> Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio Club
> P.O. Box 22888
> Tuscon, Arizona  87534
>
> They should be able to tell you all you would like to know about
> Steve Goode's 9600 baud packet TNC.
>
> One other place to look for information on the modem is in the
> Gateway newsletter - Volume 2, Issue 2, September 4, 1985.  There
> is an article around page 6 entitled, "K9NG MODEM PROJECT".
>
> The PC-board is supposed to be designed to connect a TNC and a
> Hamtronics FM-5 220 MHz transceiver.  Other transceivers can be
> substituted, with appropriate modifications to the modem board.
>
> This will not be a step-by-step project for the beginning kitbuilder,
> but the documentation provided with the board and the article that
> Steve submitted to the proceedings of the fourth ARRL Amateur Radio
> Computer Networking conference (available for $10 from the ARRL)
> should allow experienced builders to assemble and test the modem.
>
> Hope that was helpful!
>
> -Tom Brown KA2UGQ

-
.-3
$-3

Karl-Heinz:
You can find a detailed description of the 9600 bps modem in the Fourth
ARRL Amateur Radio Computer Networking Conference proceedings, edited by
Paul Rinaldo, W4RI, and Dr. Hank Magnuski, KA6M. A booklet is available
from the ARRL as well as a bound volume conatining the previous three
volumes of papers (also includes all the issues of Vol. I of GateWay, the
ARRL Packet Radio Newsletter). The 7-page article begins on page 45.
---73 de Alex, AI2Q, Freeport, Long Island, New York