[mod.politics] Erratum

walton@ametek.UUCP.UUCP (07/31/86)

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 86 09:07:15 pdt
From: Steve Walton <ametek!walton@csvax.caltech.edu>
To: cit-vax!mx.lcs.mit.edu!kfl
Subject: Erratum

It is of course, not accurate to say that farmers OVERPRODUCED in the
1920s.  I would like to make the following correction: the sentence
reading:

The problem was compounded by low farm product prices, the result of
overproduction, which meant that farmers couldn't afford industrial
products either.

in my last message should be replaced by:

The problem was compounded by drought in the farming regions of the
country, which meant that farmers could no longer buy industrial
products AND the scarcity and consequent high prices of food meant
industrial workers could afford only the bare necessities.
-------