[mod.politics] Third term

kfl%mx.lcs.mit.edu@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU.UUCP (07/31/86)

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 86 15:52:48 EDT
From: "Keith F. Lynch" <KFL%MX.LCS.MIT.EDU@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Third term
To: DPH.SWF@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU
cc: KIN%MX.LCS.MIT.EDU@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU, SWA@BORAX.LCS.MIT.EDU

    Sender: DPH.SWF%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU

    However, while "Reaganomics" isn't really working, I haven't seen
    anything from the Democrats that looks any better.

  Neither of the two major parties has been in touch with reality for
decades.

    I recieved a
    letter from some clown in Washington that wants to change the
    constitution so Ronald Reagan can run again in 88.

  The change would apply only to future presidents, not to Reagan.
  This isn't exactly the bill of rights that we are talking about.
The only-two-terms amendment was enacted in 1947, out of spite after
FDR's four terms.  I certainly sympathize with that attitude, but I
don't think it is right to prevent the people from voting for whoever
they want, even if he has happened to have held office for eight
years.
                                                              ...Keith
-------