[ca.wanted] Remote Home monitoring via telephone!

misha@bud.UUCP (Michael Umansky) (04/21/89)

I am looking for any kind of device which allows remote monitoring
of one's home by calling in and listening to a built in microphone.
So far I have found a device called Sensaphone Model SC-145.
It is available from Fordham-Scope (800-645-9518) for $200 but that
is a little bit expensive (my opinion).  This device will let you
call in and listen on its built in microphone as well as dial up
to 8 numbers to report any of 6 conditions that trigger the dialing.
I would be satisfied with monitoring only if there is such a beast.
Post to the net if you can so that others who might be interested
will also read the info.
Thanks to all.
misha
--
NAME:	Michael Umansky (sun!aeras!foxy!misha)
WORK:	Arix Corp.;  821 Fox Lane;  San Jose, CA  95131

MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) (04/24/89)

If your looking for remote home monitoring, you don't have to look any farther
than the Panasonic KX-T1625 Automatic Telephone Answering System. Don't be
scared off by the long name, it's one of Panasonic's standard phone answering
machines that uses tone remote control (via any touch tone phone), and one
of its features is the ability to listen to your house via its built in mic.
And its costs a whole lot less than $200.00, around $125.00 as I recall.
                                - MJB -

dave@wiley.UUCP (Dave Agabra) (04/25/89)

	The Panasonic 1424 answering machine (and a few other models) have
    this feature.  They are available at most big electronics chains such
    as Circuit City and Federated for under $100.  To monitor, you just call
    up and after it answers punch in a code.  I've never used this feature,
    and, quite frankly, can't think of any reason someone *would* use it,
    but I guess someone did or else it wouldn't be there.  BTW, I'd recommend
    this answering machine.  It's easy to use and got high marks from Consumer
    Reports magazine.  The only drawback is that the mechanism is loud, so you
    probably wouldn't want it in your bedroom.

						---- Dave

  A person should always believe in something.    dave@wiley.UUCP
  I believe I'll have another beer.               {cit-vax | trwrb}!wiley!dave

sammy@psivax.UUCP (Samuel M. Katz) (04/29/89)

In article <17551@cup.portal.com> MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) writes:
>If your looking for remote home monitoring, you don't have to look any farther
>than the Panasonic KX-T1625 Automatic Telephone Answering System. Don't be
>scared off by the long name, it's one of Panasonic's standard phone answering
>machines that uses tone remote control (via any touch tone phone), and one
>of its features is the ability to listen to your house via its built in mic.
>And its costs a whole lot less than $200.00, around $125.00 as I recall.
>                                - MJB -

Even the cheaper Panasonic machines have this feature, mine was only $60.
I use it to check on our housekeeper |-),well, she's supposed to work 6 hours (ha!).
--
		Samuel Katz, Pacesetter Systems Inc.
 {sdcrdcf|ttidca|group3|scgvaxd|nrcvax|mc0|hoptoad|csun|quad1|